Experience the difference of "Elite".

VRBO payments made vs received

Rich S
Jan 16, 2019 11:44 AM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

I just realized while working Quickbooks that the very nice payment detail report isn't too useful, because it shows the date the guest paid VRBO but not the date the payment arrived in my account.

Is there any possibility of having OR become aware of the date that Homeaway initiates the deposit to my bank? That's the date that I really care about with regard to accounting and payment of taxes.

I'm considering not tracking guest payments per property in Quickbooks, but that means giving up on ever really knowing the long term profit/loss because QB is where expenses are tracked.

(update)
I found a report on VRBO which when downloaded lists all payments made to my account. The amounts are frequently different, due to (i believe) the security deposit and adjustments made to fees after it's returned. Question - Is there any way for the payment report in OR to include the booking ID from VRBO? eg: HA-GSPQ1Y That's the only booking ID that VRBO includes in the report.

Chris Hynes
Jan 16, 2019 8:39 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

How are you populating the data into OwnerRez?

If you use our channel bridge tool it will record the dates of payments made to you vs. by the guest, and it will also track the payment fees and other things taken out of the payments.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-bridge

Rich S
Jan 16, 2019 9:06 PM

I am using Channel Bridge. I'm not seeing any dates related to when VRBO pays me .... I'll dig deeper, but the payment report seemed to only show the date the guest paid VRBO

Chris Hynes
Jan 17, 2019 11:01 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I took a second look at this and it may depend on your payout schedule with VRBO.

What report inside VRBO is showing the actual disbursement dates to you? I'll have a look and see if we can pick up that data as well.

Rich S
Jan 17, 2019 11:09 AM

In VRBO
- Reservation Manager
- Payout Summary
- download spreadsheet

While displayed report shows summarized payout totals, the spreadsheet shows detail by payment.

Rich S
Jan 23, 2019 8:49 AM

Chris - reminder to look at the VRBO report with payouts (see last post)

Paul W
Jan 24, 2019 1:53 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Sorry for the delay. We're looking.