Experience the difference of "Elite".

Enabling Canada Stays API Channel

North Bend Escap
Jan 15, 2019 3:02 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 26 posts

We have a property set up and published in Canada Stays for testing, property id 637166. The property will not be coming online for another 2-3 months but we want to have all of our systems and processes in place before then. Under Channel Connections, the Canada Stays link is showing Disabled. I've included the Moon Valley Retreat property in our OwnerRez account but not the Mother in Law suite since we will not be converting the Mother in Law suite over to OwnerRez until we have everything fully operating and tested for Moon Valley. How do I enable the Canada Stays API channel?

Paul W
Jan 16, 2019 8:56 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Richard,

We can do that for you on this side. Do you want us to do that now or wait until the 2-3 month period is over and the property is fully online? I assume you want it online now so that you can take bookings for the future, but I'll let you confirm

North Bend Escap
Jan 17, 2019 1:38 AM
Joined Dec, 2018 26 posts

yes, we want it online now. First to test and understand what the channel offers (with test bookings and the calendar blocked out). Then we'll want to open the calendar and take future bookings once we get a little closer and are sure of the open date.

Chris Hynes
Jan 17, 2019 10:35 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

To enable the channel, go to Settings > Channel Connections, click on the CanadaStays channel in the list, then use the Change button at the top to edit it. Check the "Active" box and save it to enable it.

That'll activate it on our side, but you also need to create an account on CanadaStays and contact their PM support to get the sync enabled on their end (for this connection, they pull from us). Have you done that yet? If not, email chloe.nielsen@canadastays.com and get the ball rolling on that end.