Experience the difference of "Elite".

So Frustrated. Edit charges on quote and now there's no way to email it

Monica R
Jan 12, 2019 5:02 PM
Joined Feb, 2018 86 posts

I've manually created a quote twice now, before sending it, I edited the charges to reflect what I actually want to charge the guest, and there is NO WAY to send the quote if you do that. Or if there is, it's cleverly hidden.

I've gone to the quotes tab and I can see both the quotes there, but there's no way to send the quote from there. I've clicked on it a hundred times, thinking maybe I've missed something, and I can see NO way to email it, as far as I can tell. I really need to start using the functionality on this site because I've been paying for it for a while now and not using it because it's confusing. So can someone please explain to me how to do this??

Thanks

JTVRs
Jan 12, 2019 6:17 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

There are times it pays to pay someone to help you with the problem areas. I would say every property management system can be bewildering if it offers a lot of functionality.

I am not sure expecting someone to walk you through each step is a fair request, We are business owners; you are responsible to review all available help materials, ask some questions, and perhaps pay for in depth functionality that you are trying to use or customize to your own use.

Did you read through all their introductory materials? From your past questions, I get the feeling of someone who may not be aggressively learning the functions they plan to use, but rather, being either overwhelmed or hoping others will fix your problem.

Maybe the owners will let you pay them a consulting fee to do some in depth set up. Not sure how they work on that.

Chris Hynes
Jan 12, 2019 7:10 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yes, we have ever so cleverly hidden it from you :-P

Just kidding... here's where to find it.

- Go to the Quotes menu up top
- Click on the quote you want in the list
- Click on the Email tab of the quote
- Check the email to make sure it's all good, then hit "Send Email Now" to send it

Monica R
Jan 12, 2019 7:13 PM

Ross,
Since you clearly took the time to search my other posts, you should have seen where I offered to pay Chris or ANYONE ELSE for consulting assistance more than one time. Not that it's any of your business. And pardon me for thinking wrongly that this was a forum where users assisted users. My bad.

And you're right -- I AM a business owner. In fact, I own TWO businesses, which is why after spending MANY MANY hours in the beginning trying to get everything set up properly, I still find myself frustrated now and again when a function just doesn't seem to exist.

But hey, thank you for your response, Ross. I'm so glad you took the time out of your busy day to craft it and I hope it makes you feel good to have put me in my place.

Monica R
Jan 13, 2019 9:37 AM

THANK YOU CHRIS for your help. :)

M.