channel bridge importing question

Rich S
Jan 11, 2019 3:32 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Okay - So I have just set up my email triggers for these
a) at create
b) 1-day prior
c) day of arrival

When use the channel bridge I'm grabbing about 30 past bookings along with one new one. Is it safe to leave the 'send create triggers' enabled? I hesitated this time since of course I don't want all those past bookings to get the initial 'at create' email, just the most recent one. The rest I had emailed outside of OR. The description implies they would be sent if they haven't been sent already (which they haven't). But maybe OR actually just would send for completely new bookings?

Unrelated to this, when I import bookings that were previously imported the message next to each booking is 'Imported' whereas it would be nice to see which bookings OR thinks are completely new versus updated bookings.

Chris Hynes
Jan 11, 2019 7:37 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

If you have "send create triggers" enabled, it will send any ones where the create triggers have never been sent before for that booking OR there was never an email address in the system for that booking.

"send create triggers" sends create triggers and those by arrival that are due in the next 36 hours. Any others like the 1 day prior or day of arrival would not be sent.

What I'd recommend to do here is do disable your create trigger, then run the channel bridge on that file with "send create triggers" enabled. Then re-enable the create trigger. That way channel bridge will know that it tried to send create triggers at the time for those bookings and won't try again next time. Then manually send the create trigger on the new one. In future, as new bookings come across, the send create triggers would work for the additional ones.

Interesting thought on that. It would be good to show a bit of status there, but it's a little complex because it could be completely new or have come in via iCal and be getting populated with charges for the first time, or being updated with new charges, or not changed at all because it hasn't changed since last time.

Rich S
Jan 15, 2019 6:35 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Chris,

I'll do as you suggest (disable all triggers based on booking create, then reimport all bookings I have so far with the check box for 'send create')

I find this awkward though, and a little scary to potentially *ever* send emails in bulk without intending to do so.

Is there any possibility to put some kind of interlock in place, for instance presenting the user with a list of emails about to be sent with an option to cancel all?

Personally I'd prefer that after the initial import it not be easy to trigger the send create triggers. Should require extra steps such as clicking a box to send to "previously unsent create triggers" or something similar.

Just my $.02

Paul W
Jan 16, 2019 8:59 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Thanks for the suggestion. That kind of list of ones to end to doesn't exist yet, as you already know, but something like that would be good. The problem here is that create triggers can be sent at many other points in the system too, so it's not always possible to through up a warning on the email going out.