Experience the difference of "Elite".

Damage Protection on Channel Bridge Imports

Marina's Edge Re
Jan 4, 2019 10:50 AM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

I just realized Damage protection isn't billed when you do iCAL calendar synch but it looks like it will be billed for Channel Bridge Imports. Does it apply only to future bookings or bookings that happened in the past as well?

Damon

Chris Hynes
Jan 4, 2019 7:05 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

That's an interesting point... channel bridge could override the iCal setting if it is bringing in a booking. That's not quite intentional.

Do you want to have that applied or not? I can look into the bookings for you if something needs to be fixed.

Marina's Edge Re
Jan 6, 2019 12:37 AM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

Airbnb and VRBO are the external payments so I don't charge or offer damage protection. I wouldn't expect iCal or Channel Bridge to charge for damage protection

Paul W
Jan 8, 2019 5:34 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

We've discussed internally and we may end up moving those damage protection settings to the channel only. It makes more sense to have that there then on the iCal. You either want it on a channel's bookings or you don't - no matter whether it was imported from iCal or channel bridge. No ETA on that yet though. If you need it removed, let us know and we can remove it from a booking. Send in a ticket for that.