Experience the difference of "Elite".

Sending emails to guests

Rich S
Jan 3, 2019 12:06 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

I just got an inquiry (via VRBO forwarded email) that came into OR.

I was able to 'answer' the email, but as I was poking around I couldn't find a way to initiate a 2nd email. For instance, suppose I had forgotten to mention something... The masked vrbo email is available in OR, but of course I'd want the email to be sent via OR so it remains in the history.

(edit - I realized that for inquiries the 'email guest' button isn't available, but it is for confirmed bookings. In the inquiry there is a 'verify information' button that is in the same place as 'email guest')

Also wondering if there is any mechanism to schedule an email for the future other than having a trigger set up. I regularly get inquiries and there is no more followup, so it would be nice to schedule a followup for +2 days to say something like "checking back to see if you have any more questions about unit xyz or the area..."

Chris Hynes
Jan 4, 2019 8:46 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Inquiries are oriented around that response. You can go to an inquiry and "answer again", but the main purpose is to get an initial response (or perhaps hook up to an autoresponder). We don't have triggers for inquiries and quotes yet, but those are planned.

Janice T
Jan 4, 2019 11:48 AM
Joined Mar, 2016 63 posts

After receiving an inquiry and creating a quote, I do not email the guest at that point. I learned early on that it didn't give me a chance to modify the text of the email from the inquiry (this may have changed since, but I haven't bothered to check).

So, I leave the inquiry tab and go to the quote tab and open the quote I just created. From there I am able to choose email templates or create a new email to send to the guest with their quote. This may not be how it's supposed to flow, but this is what is working for me.