Experience the difference of "Elite".

Privacy Notice - Hosted Website

JTVRs
Dec 21, 2018 9:40 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Hi. I am looking at my minimally set up hosted website.

Is there a way to add a Privacy Notice to this? There is none on the dropdowns or the bottom. Granted, I did not spend much time on this yet, but not grasp how to add that "bottom" of the site stuff such as Privacy Notice, Terms & Conditions, etc.

Do you have a stub for a VR privacy notice? Although I expect few Europeans, the GDPR does cause one to sit up and take notice. As if California wasn't enough

Is there an instruction page for setting up the hosted web page? I went to the Settings > Hosted Website, but it is kind of barebones

Chris Hynes
Dec 21, 2018 10:41 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

The way to do this is to create a custom page, and then set "Hide Tab" under the options at the bottom. That way you can put some content on there, but it won't show on the tabs at the top.

Then go into the site settings, edit the footer, and add a link to it. If you don't know HTML, let me know and I can add the link for you.

We don't have a stub for a privacy notice, but if you google it up there are tons.

The instructions article is over here: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/hosted-websites. The sites are fairly simple and that doesn't get into a whole lot of depth, so let us know when you have questions.