Experience the difference of "Elite".

Property Address field definitions - complex situation

JTVRs
Dec 19, 2018 8:58 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Reminding that I have not started actual VR rental yet, likely March or April...

In the Licensing Agreement, I have this Property Address field definition: {PADDRS} I have not tried to figure out how this pulls in yet but assume it comes from the Description:

Anyway, I have:

...A Property with 5 apartments, each is independent VR. Lets say Units 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

SO: I assume best/easiest to include the Unit in the Property Address such as: Unit #1, 100 Main Street, Anywhere, USA 12345???

...A Property that is two town homes, can be be rented separately or together. Lets say addresses 100 Main Street and 102 Main Street.

SO: I assume best/easiest is to code this as 3 properties: 100 Main Street, 102 Main Street, and 100-102 Main Street?

But not sure this would work with OTAs...?

Chris Hynes
Dec 20, 2018 9:04 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, individual properties is the best way to do it. You can set up calendar imports for mutual blockoff so that when the main properties is booked the individual unit properties are blocked off and vice versa. Here's instructions for that: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/combined-properties-blockoff-lockoff

For OTA's that'll work too -- most don't support the concept of a combination property, but they all support 3 individual properties. Since OwnerRez has the master calendar and is managing that mutual blockoff, you can just integrate with OTA's on 3 listings like they were 3 normal properties and OwnerRez will do the rest.