Experience the difference of "Elite".

hourly? add-on booking?

JTVRs
Dec 19, 2018 8:16 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

The building I bought a couple months ago (the former bowling alley in town) has an empty space that used to be a 1000sf karate studio. It dawned on me yesterday, that it would be a great small "Event Center." The kind of thing some vacation renters try to use your VR for, sometimes without your knowledge. film shoot, wedding, party, etc.

The questions are:
1) I would like it to be bookable by the Hour/MultiHour/Half Day/Day --> is this possible to do this as an "Event Center" with current functionality?
2) Events often add-on options such as catered / musician / photography service / etc. --> it is ok if is is simple description, but how would this be associated with the Event Center?

Chris Hynes
Dec 20, 2018 9:01 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Our property calendar only goes down to the night, and there's a lot of stuff built round that. If you're doing multiple intraday bookings, you'd need to use a different method. If you are only doing one booking per day (but some are shorter than others), then you could make it work, but if you need to have two bookings on the same day it won't work unless you make multiple properties to hold simultaneous bookings and manage all of the calendars manually, and that's a lot of work.

We do have add-on options for bookings: https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/add-ons-are-here--also-known-as-optional-surcharges. If it's adding on to another booking, you could do the event space that way, as an add-on, and then keep track in a separate calendar so you don't double book it.