Experience the difference of "Elite".

Discount codes

BlueMtnCabins
Oct 29, 2018 11:54 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I know this has ben asked before, could not find thread. Discount codes. Any movement? TIA

Paul W
Oct 30, 2018 7:55 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

No movement yet - sorry. We're hot on a bunch of other stuff right now like channels, QB, SMS and TI. Channels are 75% of it. Lots of small tweaks and adjustments as well. We do about 3-4 minor releases every **week** around here. 😜

cp9293
Nov 2, 2018 6:27 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

You guys are doing a great job! Thank you!!!

Ken T
Oct 22, 2019 11:54 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Finally got this feature released! Read more:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/discount-codes

Sarah H
Jan 14, 2020 9:11 AM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

Love this. I have a few questions.

First- I want to create a discount code that ONLY works with booking directly from my website. How can I do that?

Next - Is this still true?

"Keep in mind that a discount code will override any other discount on the quote. Discounts and codes do not stack!
So if you have an automatically-applied last minute discount or something, and the guest enters a discount code, it will replace the other discount instead of stacking with it.
You can create more than one discount code, and potentially more than one that would be applicable to a given property, but guests can only use one at a time."

Thank you!

Ken T
Jan 14, 2020 12:08 PM

Yes, that's one of the criteria you can set for the discount code - what sites it is valid on. Make sure you've set up a custom source for your website:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/custom-sources

And yes, the discount codes still don't stack. Do you have an example where it looks like they did? That would be a bug, so please report it via the helpdesk.

Sarah H
Jan 15, 2020 8:50 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

One more question, if I create an AirBNB discount code, is there a place an area during checkout on AirBNB that a guest can enter it?

Ken T
Jan 16, 2020 11:47 AM

It is not possible to use the OwnerRez discount codes through Airbnb, they are two separate systems, and Airbnb doesn't provide a means to integrate them.

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 17, 2020 2:48 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Joe S said:

One more question, if I create an AirBNB discount code, is there a place an area during checkout on AirBNB that a guest can enter it?

Discount codes on Airbnb , IMO, make 0 sense. So you discount a stay by $50 (for example) only to have Airbnb add on higher "service fee" thus negating your discount. If people want discounts they should book direct without add on service fee- that is a nice discount in itself.