Experience the difference of "Elite".

Lock code time question

Tim K
Oct 23, 2018 11:20 AM
Joined Jul, 2017 71 posts

I know we can add a grace period, but can you confirm that there is sort-of already a grace period on the end of a stay? My bookings have a default check-out time of 10:00am. I know eRentalLock does their check-outs as XX:59 so as to avoid overlaps. It appears that my 10:00am check out times on OwnerRez are generating 10:59am checkout codes on eRentalLock. Can you confirm that is how it is set up? I don't want to add another hour grace period if there is basically already an hour built in.

Thanks,

Tim

Chris Hynes
Oct 25, 2018 12:21 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, eRentalLock doesn't take in minutes, so we pass them just the hour numbers. They add the :59 on their side which makes it a little janky. Our grace period setting adds an hour on either end, so you'd end up with 3pm to 11:59am if you set that.

Perhaps we should subtract an hour (i.e. pass 9am instead of 10). Then when the grace period gets added it ends up back to the same.

Tim K
Oct 25, 2018 8:47 AM
Joined Jul, 2017 71 posts

So if I set 2pm check-in, the system leaves it as 2pm. If I add a grace period, does it make the check in 1pm (early access) or 3pm (that wouldn't make sense)
And if I set a 10am check out, since ERL does :59 check out, it makes a 10:59 check out. If I add a grace period it makes an 11:59 check out?

I think the check out should default to the hour BEFORE....so a 10am checkout pushes the 9:59 checkout to ERL. I think that the grace period should be an hour before check in and an hour after check out (it may already do that and I just don't know).