Experience the difference of "Elite".

Notification Alert for inquiry
(page 1 )

cp9293
Oct 22, 2018 11:27 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Is there a notification alert that can be sent on phone when an inquiry and Book Now is sent?

Thanks!

BlueMtnCabins
Oct 23, 2018 7:43 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

you receive an email

cp9293
Oct 23, 2018 9:46 AM

Can there be a text alert added?

Paul W
Oct 23, 2018 9:48 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

SMS notifications are coming soon. We are planning to have a first pass release of that before end of year. It's been on the drawing board for awhile and it was recently scheduled for development for December. Currently, there is no support for SMS in the system.

cp9293
Oct 23, 2018 10:25 AM

Great news! Let me know if you need help testing it out. :)

Charis B
Jun 23, 2021 2:09 PM
Joined Jun, 2021 3 posts

In 2018 you said sms notifications are coming soon. Do we have this yet? Can you tell me where to find it?
Thank You!

Ken T
Jun 23, 2021 2:18 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

We've had SMS for quite some time now actually:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/sms-messaging-setup-usage-video

Charis B
Jun 23, 2021 2:30 PM
Joined Jun, 2021 3 posts

Thank you.
I see that I can text my guests but what I meant was SMS notifications. When a message comes in (a message from a guest, an inquiry, a booking, anything) on Airbnb & VRBO, I get a text on my phone to alert me that there's something to go check.
Does OwnerRez have this?
I'm brand new here. So far I've found that I have to go into the OR website & then to CRM and then Inbox, there I can see messages. This means that if someone can't get into their house (door code issue or whatever) they would be stuck outside waiting until I happen to check for messages. I need a notification when something comes in. Does OR provide an SMS notification that something new arrived into the Inbox?
Thank You!

Charis B
Jun 23, 2021 2:45 PM
Joined Jun, 2021 3 posts

Thank you.
I see that I can text my guests but what I meant was SMS notifications. When a message comes in (a message from a guest, an inquiry, a booking, anything) on Airbnb & VRBO, I get a text on my phone to alert me that there's something to go check.
Does OwnerRez have this?
I'm brand new here. So far I've found that I have to go into the OR website & then to CRM and then Inbox, there I can see messages. This means that if someone can't get into their house (door code issue or whatever) they would be stuck outside waiting until I happen to check for messages. I need a notification when something comes in. Does OR provide an SMS notification that something new arrived into the Inbox?
Thank You!

Ken T
Jun 23, 2021 3:00 PM

Ah - yes ,we do have that:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/sms-issues-questions#new-message-alert

Hemang L
Mar 2, 2023 10:11 AM
Joined Feb, 2023 15 posts

I may be missing something here but when I read the provided link, it talks about sending an email message when a sms is received. However, I would be interested in getting a sms text message whenever there is an inquiry, booking, etc. on AirBnB or any other configured channels. Is this possible?

Ken T
Mar 2, 2023 9:51 PM

You can use triggers to send SMS messages, yes.  So, it would be possible to configure a trigger to be sent to yourself when a booking is created, because there's a trigger for that.  At the moment there isn't a trigger for an inquiry or Airbnb message.

Sam and Chris S
Apr 26, 2023 2:56 AM
Joined Oct, 2022 1 post

I would also love a notification alert on my phone when I get an inquiry via my website please!!! I feel that when a guest is looking at places to book they don't want to be waiting a long time for a response....they will likely just book somewhere else. Sometimes I don't check my emails for a few hours. It would be nice to be able to respond immediately like for airbnb or booking.com. Thanks. 

cp9293
Apr 26, 2023 3:18 AM

I agree. A text message is needed when an inquiry is created. It is very important that we see the inquiry asap so that we can respond before they move on and book another place. 

Ken T
May 2, 2023 1:29 PM

Yes, this is planned.

David B
May 11, 2023 3:46 PM
Joined Dec, 2022 1 post

5 years since the original question.  Several other booking platforms have launched in this time with this capability.  I love OwnerRez, but if this is not a function that comes online soon, this platform will be lapped technically by others.

I have to be able to receive a notification to mine and my staffs phone that we have received an Airbnb message.  Could you push that inbox notification number to the "app" notifcation center so we get a ping that way?

Ken T
May 11, 2023 3:49 PM

That's the plan, as Google and Apple have announced that their browsers will support on-phone notifications in an upcoming version.

BlueSky Getwaway
May 16, 2023 10:14 AM
Joined Mar, 2022 35 posts

I just had an inquiry from my website, I did not get an email notification for many hours after, I don't check the OR inbox constantly, so SMS notification of inquiries, bookings, or anything OR related is absolutely needed.

Suite Connect
May 19, 2023 9:44 PM
Joined Aug, 2022 1 post

We are missing a lot of bookings because we are not getting notified when an inquiry comes in. We need a text message on our phone for notification purposes.  Do you know when it will be available or if phone text notifications are available for inquiries? If available, how can we implement the inquiry text messages to our phone?

BlueMtnCabins
May 20, 2023 7:12 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

We have auto re3sponders set up that auto-respond to MOST inquiries. The only inquiries that are not auto-responded to are the ones with no dates specified. Otherwise about 90% of questions from potential guests may have been handled by an inquiry auto-responder template. yes the SMS alert would be nice, but maybe try what we do using an email auto-responder template similar to the one below:

Hi {CFIRST},

Thank you for your inquiry about {PDISPNAME} ({PIMGCAPTION}). Our cabin is a private family vacation home, rented out by the owners . We are not affiliated with a management company or agent.

The quote is shown below for the dates you requested. The Booking and Rental information (right below the quote) will answer many of the questions you may have!

{QPROPAVAILOTHER}

Please use the buttons under the form to view more information about the quote or to accept it and checkout.  Our checkout form is simple to use and very secure.     {QHCTAB}

{ICOMM}

{IOITAB}

Booking and Rental information.

• No indoor smoking, No pets/animals, and No house parties.
  • Must be at least {PMINAGE} years of age to rent and be present during the entire stay. Minors under 18 can only stay with a parent, legal guardian, or responsible adult.
  • The primary Guest must sign the Rental Agreement and provide a Valid Photo ID within 48 hours of booking; otherwise, the reservation is subject to cancellation. No third-party rentals.
  • No occupancy above total {PXOLIMIT} persons (which includes ALL children ages 1 day old and up), with maximum {PXMAXADULTS} persons over 14 years of age. Our quoted rates are per-property, but over-limit occupancy is not permitted
  • Amount Due at the time of booking: {QFPAMT}. See detailed charges above. 
  • Interim/installment payments can be made at any time for bookings more than 60 days in the future. Balance must be paid in full by {QSPDAY} days before check-in.
  • Availability is real-time and may change after this email is sent. Property is not reserved until the deposit (or full balance) is paid and the booking is accepted.
  • A Rental Security Deposit of {QSDAMT} is required; it will be released or refunded within 14 days after check-out if there are no damages, rule violations, or excessive cleaning required (See the Rental Agreement for details).
  • Cancellation policy: {QCANPOL}  No refunds for Unforeseen or Unfortunate Events outside of the Cancellation policy cutoff, under any circumstances, including but not limited to: weather/travel concerns, work/life events, change of plans, evacuation, or hospitalization.
  • Travel Coverage/Protection policy is highly recommended,  especially if your stay is during the winter months Some credit card companies provide Travel Protection (check your cardholder benefits). Examine your selected policy carefully to ensure it meets your requirements, and consider purchasing additional coverage if needed.
  • Accepted Payments: Major credit cards, Zelle, personal or cashier's check, money order (at least 35 days prior to check-in date). The name on the credit card must match the primary Guest's name or that of the legal spouse.
  • Address, driving directions, and check-in instructions will be provided after the balance is paid and a few days prior to check-in. See the distance from the cabin to popular area destinations.  
  • Owners operate exterior security cameras for the express purpose of securing the property, driveway, entryway, parking, dwelling, and its contents -AND- to ensure occupancy limit, house, and No-pet rules observance.
  • Check-in is any time after {PCHECKIN} ET and check-out is no later than {PCHECKOUT} ET unless pre-arranged otherwise in advance. Late check-outs may be subject to docking of the deposit. Check-in/out is contactless
  • Complimentary WIFI is provided, but connection speed/availability is not guaranteed.
  • The property has a yard, fire pit, and ample parking. The yard is NOT  fenced and is surrounded by wooded nature, adults must always supervise small children at all times.
  • Questions? Check our Vacation Guide, FAQ, and What is provided
  • See the Reviews of our cabins. 
  • 'Like' {PDISPNAME} on Facebook and follow on Instagram where we post updates, photos, area info, specials, or availability due to last-minute cancellations.

Thank you,