Experience the difference of "Elite".

Security Deposit Amendments

cp9293
Oct 16, 2018 5:18 AM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Any time I make changes to the template for Security Deposit release, a few things happen...

- font changes
- font size changes
- no space between paragraphs. Doesn’t matter how many times I go back and try to fix it.
- I can’t get to the top part (don’t know what it is called) to be able to change the font size. “Copy, Cut....” is in the way.

Please help. Email goes out unprofessional. I change these things manually before I send email, but still goes out incorrect.

Thanks!

Paul W
Oct 16, 2018 9:55 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi cp9293,

I took a look at your account. I believe you're referring to this part of your template (where my arrow is)

That area is showing empty space because on most bookings there are no security deposit "comments" for the release since nothing was collected. That's why it is showing an empty line there.

Is that what you're referring to?

cp9293
Oct 16, 2018 11:54 AM

No, I was referring to “review request...” and other places, where I can’t seem to skip a line.

Font sizes changed after an edit was changed on that line or line before.

Dear Melissa,

Again, thank you for renting our vacation rental property!

The entire reserved amount of $250.00 has been released.

Owners generally hate to inconvenience their past guests with reviews. However, reviews are VERY important in our industry. It gives potential renters a look at what others who have stayed there say about the place and the owner they are considering renting. It gives them more comfort in reading the reviews. Unfortunately, there are many scam artists out there that rip people off. Your review may put guests at ease, a little more.

To make it easier, I thought I might just include the link ...
Review request for Melissa McIntosh. <<<< ———— can’t skip line

A letter will be sent to you, after you enter your review in the Guest Book, for your approval. Please look out for the letter so that your entry goes through and doesn't get stuck in the SPAM FOLDER. They are probably validating that your email is an actual email address.

Please mention the condition of the house, cleanliness, location and how I was as the owner, along with anything else you would like to include. Please do not include the property address. A couple of lines is perfectly fine. :)

I understand that sometimes people might feel pressure as to what to write. Thus, I greatly appreciate your time in helping me build my guestbook! The number of reviews also may raise me up the listing chart. :)

Please help me go up the ladder in the listing placement. <<<< ——- can’t change font to be same as above. I made a change and everything from that point changed into a larger size font.

* If you would like to reserve again for a future visit, please remember my contact information below. <<<<< —- can’t skip line
Sincerely, Claudia
(201) 214-1582
cp9293@aol.com

http://www.BeachToSlopes.com. <<<< —— changed to a smaller font size than all of above.

"In God We Trust"

Join me on my Facebook Page for Discounts and updates...
http://www.facebook.com/PoconoMountainsTownhouse.Camelback
http://www.facebook.com/HiltonHeadIslandVilla

cp9293
Oct 17, 2018 3:21 PM

Hi Paul,

Did you get my email regarding above?

Paul W
Oct 18, 2018 7:30 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Claudia,

I found the spot you are talking about (the "BeachToSlopes.com (coming very soon") and changed that line so that the font is the same as the lines around it. Take a look by opening the review email template and clicking Preview.

cp9293
Oct 18, 2018 9:52 AM

Hi Paul,

Did you get my detailed email regarding all the corrections? I can send again. Spaces between paragraphs, font changes, etc. All these things changed when I edited the info on that line.

Thanks,
Claudia