Experience the difference of "Elite".

Channel Bridge hangs analyzing reviews

James W
Sep 24, 2018 9:29 PM
Joined Nov, 2017 9 posts

I'm attempting to use Channel Bridge for the first time to get reviews from VRBO. I believe I've done all the setup steps correctly. The Channel Bridge extension says I'm connected to VRBO, but when I press the button to export reviews, it hangs (for hours) spinning and saying "analyzing your VRBO/Homeaway reviews". Note that I have less than 10 reviews so I wouldn't think it would take too long.

Paul W
Sep 25, 2018 12:37 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi James,

This may be happening because the properties list in Channel Bridge is not populating correctly with your VRBO properties. It should only take a few seconds to analyze the reviews and spin through them even if you have hundreds, and you would see an ongoing status updated in that box as it worked its way through. We are tracking an issue with several users on this right now. Thanks for reporting it.

If you log out of VRBO, close your browser tabs, then come back in and click on Download Bookings button, do you see properties in the "All Properties" drop-down?

James W
Sep 25, 2018 5:23 PM
Joined Nov, 2017 9 posts

The only entry in the All Properties menu box is "All Properties" - my property is not specifically shown.

Paul W
Sep 25, 2018 5:26 PM

That's what I figured. We are working on a hotfix for that as I write this. We identified this earlier today with others. Will circle back to this thread when Channel Bridge is updated. FYI - for others seeing this, it only appears to happen to some users, not all.

Paul W
Sep 26, 2018 1:13 PM

An update has been released. Make sure you're using the latest version of Channel Bridge. Here's an article on how to make sure you're on the latest version and how to force an update if you're not:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/updating-channel-bridge-to-latest-version

Let me know if, after getting the update, you see properties in the down-down list for VRBO when clicking the "Download Bookings" button. And the reviews button should be fine as well.

If still broken, let me know and send me a copy of the log which you can see by clicking the version number link:

James W
Sep 26, 2018 5:47 PM
Joined Nov, 2017 9 posts

It still doesn't show my property in the drop-down. However, the Reviews button now comes back and says there are zero properties. I will email the log to help@ownerreservations.com. Let me know if there is a better email address to use.

Marina's Edge Re
Sep 29, 2018 5:13 PM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

I'm on the latest version and it says "No Review Found" yet I have more than 100 reviews.

Paul W
Oct 2, 2018 8:46 AM

Hi Marina's Edge, can you follow the instructions above about sending your log in? We're seeing this from a wide sub-set of VRBO users. That log helps a lot.

cp9293
Oct 2, 2018 12:41 PM
Joined Apr, 2012 395 posts

Hi Paul,

Seems this is also our problem. How do I send a log, if that help? Where do I get that?

Thanks, Claudia

Paul W
Oct 2, 2018 1:38 PM

We have released a new version of Channel Bridge that should fix this issue. Update to the latest version. You can read about how to check for latest version # and how to force an update here:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/updating-channel-bridge-to-latest-version

After updating, check the "Download Bookings" button next to VRBO and see if the properties down-down now shows your properties. The "Download Reviews" button should work as well.

Marina's Edge Re
Oct 2, 2018 3:26 PM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

Fixed!