Experience the difference of "Elite".

Integrations, OTA

JTVRs
Sep 13, 2018 8:52 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

How close are full integrations with Airbnb, HomeAway family, Flipkey?

Not hear for awhile on progress. I am hoping to be doing my first bookings within about 3 weeks...

Does lack of integrations have any impact outside of calendar functionality?

Chris Hynes
Sep 14, 2018 12:40 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Still working on all of those integrations! Air and VRBO have channel bridge imports now: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-bridge. We're working on exports for rates etc. for those. TripAdvisor is integration developed and we're waiting for testing from them.

Even without the direct integrations, the 2 way iCal sync will keep all of those channels up to date so there's no issues there.

JTVRs
Sep 14, 2018 2:01 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Thanks. I was meaning that the only issue with direct integration is the calendar looking kind of stuff. All the other Communications and functionality work on all the OTAs?

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 17, 2018 7:27 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Ross C said:

Thanks. I was meaning that the only issue with direct integration is the calendar looking kind of stuff. All the other Communications and functionality work on all the OTAs?

I use with VRBO booking .com and yes auto responders etc work. Tipadvior is challenge. Chris is working on that

Four Seasons Lod
Sep 20, 2018 11:16 PM
Joined Aug, 2017 4 posts

I am so lost with this product.

I put all my rates into OwnerRez and Airbnb just told me that I cannot sync my rates from OwnerRez to them. I thought that Airbnb, booking and Canada Stays were the OTA's that you could sync rates AND calendar.

Chris... can I sync my rates on Airbnb?

Another question... I clicked "enabled" on Travel Insurance. Does that mean that folks are given teh option to purchase it if they book through Owner Rez?

Thanks,
Teena

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 21, 2018 1:15 PM

Four Seasons Lod said:

I am so lost with this product.

I put all my rates into OwnerRez and Airbnb just told me that I cannot sync my rates from OwnerRez to them. I thought that Airbnb, booking and Canada Stays were the OTA's that you could sync rates AND calendar.

Chris... can I sync my rates on Airbnb?

Another question... I clicked "enabled" on Travel Insurance. Does that mean that folks are given teh option to purchase it if they book through Owner Rez?

Thanks,
Teena

Chris can answer 1st question.
On the 2nd, people booking on ownerrez can buy insurance provided they book far enough in advance. there is a check box you can enable too that will allow people who booked on other platforms to buy insurance via ownerrez. However for that to work you will need to ensure that once booking is taken on 3rd party platform (say Airbnb), the airbnb rent, cleaning etc are replicated in OR. that can be either entered manually or by importing. Otherwise insurance will have no basis to calculate the amount. Then you send the insurance link to the renter . I would suggest to always ask renter for their regular email and enter that in ownerrez for further communications so that correspondence does not go thru airbnb, vrbo etc. You can ask guest to provide their real email as part of e-signing of rental agreement. I do think there is a help article on that.

Chris Hynes
Sep 21, 2018 4:48 PM

The Airbnb push is still in beta -- just sent you a link for that. The other two are live and supported and TA is coming soon.

@BlueMtnCabins is right on about how to do travel insurance and the communications/direct email via signing link. Here's the article with more details: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/airbnb-request-for-contact-info-real-email-address-and-signed-renter-agreement

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 21, 2018 4:56 PM

May I have Airbnb link too?

Chris Hynes
Sep 21, 2018 5:03 PM

Yep, emailed you.