Experience the difference of "Elite".

Blind auto responder messages blocked because of branding

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 11, 2018 7:39 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I have set up generic message for blind auto responder. I also have "branding" - logo and phone/contact attached as footer to every email that includes my website, phone email etc. works fine with VRBO as VRBO just strips those off but allows message to go thru. However Tripadvisor blocks entire message thus negating the whole idea of auto response. Short of removing branding form the footer, is there any way around it?

Chris Hynes
Sep 11, 2018 10:32 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

That's very interesting... I didn't realize TA blocked content based on message content. Is it that they block anything HTML?

I thought it was that they blocked all communication until the guest has made the final payment and then let communication through at that point.

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 12, 2018 6:34 AM

No, you can still email something generic. But if there is anything in the message that even resembles phone number, email or website, they will block. Not blank out but block the entire message. So I have my logo, phone, email and website address in my "branding" footer. While that causes no issue when appended to "blind" response ton VRBO, it gets blocked on TA, thus essentially the inquiry is not responded to. If you want I can send you the print screen.

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 12, 2018 6:38 AM

I meant Theming , not Branding, sorry

ShenRent
Sep 12, 2018 8:49 AM
Joined Dec, 2009 54 posts

Try writing a plain text looking email, without any branding, and then spell out your website like... "Go to MyWebsite.com" or if that's blocked then say "Go to MyWebsite com (put that together with a dot)". That should work

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 13, 2018 4:09 PM

ShenRent said:

Try writing a plain text looking email, without any branding, and then spell out your website like... "Go to MyWebsite.com" or if that's blocked then say "Go to MyWebsite com (put that together with a dot)". That should work

That is the point The email is in plain text with nothing. However Theming footer is automatically applied to ALL emails (plain or otherwise) and that causes an issue. I also do not want clumsy Theming for al other emails that are not "blind"/ also, Tripadvisor WILL catch "go to xyz dot com". they have very sophisticated filters.

Chris Hynes
Sep 14, 2018 12:44 PM

Yep, we're working on an update that'll let you set the theme to use (or none) for a given template.

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 14, 2018 12:48 PM

awesome! maybe also put limit on B. com channel manager as to how far take bookings? wink wink

Chris Hynes
Sep 21, 2018 4:47 PM

We just released an option for this on the template -- you can now pick no theme at the bottom of the email template edit which will make any header/footer go away.

Didn't get to the channel manager setting -- that's still in the hopper.

Chris Hynes
Sep 27, 2018 12:28 PM

Just pushed up the channel days in advance setting. You can now go to the channel settings for direct channels like b.com and put in an override for the standard days in advance rule on the property.

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 27, 2018 5:05 PM

Chris Hynes said:

Just pushed up the channel days in advance setting. You can now go to the channel settings for direct channels like b.com and put in an override for the standard days in advance rule on the property.

T H A N K Y O U <3

BlueMtnCabins
Dec 27, 2018 1:50 PM

I still think there is an issue. I have AvailgenTA template set up as generic template and header/footer = none. comes up with no theming footer in a preview, BUT when set to blind email, to TA, it still shows theming footer which gets blocked by TA because eit has my website/email. . See inquiry ORI801995355. I