Experience the difference of "Elite".

Add-ons/Packages
(page 1 )

TheGrandHacienda
Sep 2, 2018 12:11 PM
Joined Apr, 2018 17 posts

Is there a way to create add-ons on the reservations page that people can add to their reservation - for example, a cake for anniversaries/birthdays, packaged deals, etc?

Paul W
Sep 3, 2018 2:11 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Abiquiu,

Yes, you can do that. Those are called "optional surcharges". Go to Settings > Surcharges and create one, select optional surcharges and then fill out the rest. Lot of options there, so let me know if something is confusing. Depending on the criteria you select, the guest would then be able to select those during the quote acceptance process (ie. when booking).

For instance, here's a quote where someone has added things like Bounce House and Wedding Events to be selected. This is what the guest sees when they're accepting the quote and booking.

Each add-on/optional item can also have a full rich-text description with pictures. For instance, in the above example, if you click on the "what is this" link next to the bounce house, the guest would see this.

JTVRs
Sep 3, 2018 9:40 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Is this outside of OTA functionality, ie your own website, or does it work on Airbnb, etc

Paul W
Sep 9, 2018 11:00 AM

Apologies! I just saw your reply. This is functionality that only exists in the OwnerRez booking process (ie. Book Now widgets, hosted website, accepting a quote, etc). If the guest books on a channel, these add-ons aren't available unless you have them on the channel somewhere too. I don't know of any channels that support add-ons but there might be one I don't know about.

JTVRs
Sep 11, 2018 5:46 PM

Okay, I did a little digging

This might be a cool new feature for you, perhaps wired to your own functionality. I certainly would be interested.

I didn't check the others, but in AirBnB, it basically seems to be through the Resolution Center > Create a New Resolution > Request Payment for Extra Services. This would be in concert with mentioning the extra services.

A couple useful links for your perusal (how tos):

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/The-Resolution-Center-A-Community-Help-Guide-Request-or-Offer/m-p/8580#M1669

https://www.airgms.com/property-management-software/making-money-with-airbnb/

Linda C
Feb 15, 2019 2:50 PM
Joined Jan, 2019 3 posts

Hi, we offer guests the choice of things like catered dinners or archery etc. How do I create the option to add in extras? And flexible numbers of people taking them up?

JTVRs
Feb 16, 2019 11:57 AM

On the Amenities Page, please add "Trundle Bed" to Bedrooms > Beds. That is the type of bed that pulls out from underneath another one. To save room, you can change the heading to Bunk Bed/Trundle Bed. They are essentially doing the same thing - 2 beds in one small area.

JTVRs
Feb 16, 2019 12:37 PM

"Hunting Nearby" in the blank area to the right of "Fishing Nearby". We have many seasons - antlerless deer, black powder/flintlock, turkey, bear, deer season, etc. State Gamelands are nearby. Mostly late autumn. It is a good way to fill spaces during a shoulder season.

Chris Hynes
Feb 16, 2019 9:30 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

@Linda you can do optional surcharges based on number of guests on the booking, but not with a separate number of guests. For that you'd need to edit the charges.

@Ross I'd recommend doing a trundle as two singles -- that's what it ends up being, right? Just a specific storage method for a single bed. Then put that it's a trundle in the notes. The reason for this specific list of types is based on what the channels support.

JTVRs
Feb 16, 2019 11:37 PM

Can you consider the "Hunting Nearby" Amenity above? You have an open space next to Fishing Nearby

JTVRs
Feb 16, 2019 11:40 PM

FWIW, having a bunkbed is frowned on by some insurance companies, including the VR companies. I am shopping around, and they ask "do you have a bunk bed (ladders, etc)?" I have one, so I am calling it a modular kids bed! And not putting pictures of any bink bed in the listing photos. I am sure the insurance companies occasionally eye our listings for compliance!

Linda C
Feb 17, 2019 1:32 AM
Joined Jan, 2019 3 posts

Hi, would it be possible to put in an extra this way: '1 x 3 course meal @ £10 per head' and then add up the number of people wanting it and put the total in the box? That way, I could get the accurate figures for diners in the total.

Paul W
Feb 18, 2019 9:26 PM

@Ross - Good suggestion on the hunting nearby field. Makes sense. No promises, but noted down.

@Linda - We have plans for that (quantity on add-ons and more) but no ETA yet.

GAR Rentals
Sep 9, 2021 3:20 PM
Joined Aug, 2021 1 post

@Paul - I wanted to check on the status of adding quantity based add-ons. Is there any progress on that?

Chris Hynes
Sep 10, 2021 1:01 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

It is climbing up the todo list and we have plans for a larger guest form overhaul, but still no firm ETA as of yet.

Ann-Tyler
Jan 5, 2022 1:25 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 14 posts

Is there a notification that happens when someone buys an add-on or perhaps a report we can easily run that shows add-ons for a particular period?  For example, if we sell charcuteries, it would be useful to have a notification or report that would show us how many people bought charcuteries for a particular week coming up.  

Also, any chance your team is working on a larger revamp of the add-on functionality in the coming weeks/months? Ultimately, we'd love to have spa add-ons that can be connected to a calendar, time slots, waivers, etc.  If someone orders a massage as an add-on, for example, it would be helpful to offer them time slot options associated with it in the booking. 

TheGrandHacienda
Jan 5, 2022 11:23 PM
Joined Apr, 2018 17 posts

Yes!  This!!  We need this, too!!

Amy and Clint P
Feb 7, 2022 8:10 PM
Joined Oct, 2021 1 post

Yes, I need this report functionality.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

Tarkan C
Feb 8, 2022 4:10 AM
Joined May, 2020 65 posts

Yes, we need this type of report too. We sell airport transfers as an add-on and at the end of each month, I've to compare the Transfer company's list with ours but as far as I'm aware of I can't produce such a list in OR, so I check the bookings one by one. 

Ann-Tyler
Feb 8, 2022 7:43 AM
Joined Jul, 2019 14 posts

Just wondering if this has climbed the list yet? We’re in the midst of integrating all of our experiences with a new software company so we’ll be running lodging in OwnerRez and “experiences” in a software called TheFlybook. The learning curve of the software compared to ownerrez has been VERY hard (I kind of hate it), but it allows me to book guided fishing tours, massages, chef-prepared meals etc with specific start times, end times, specific dates blocked out seasonally, etc. It also contemplates “resources” for activities such as a boat that’s already rented by one guest wouldn’t be available for the next guest etc. I’m sure all of this would be a huge undertaking for OwnerRez to dive into it, but at the very least, we might consider throwing all of the Flybook functionality out the window if we could just get an alert when someone books an add on in OwnerRez. Right now, if I sell a charcuterie, I have to look at each individual booking to see the purchase and prepare the food. We’d rather run a weekly or monthly report of everyone needing a charcuterie or a massage or whatever it is, so that we can plan ahead! There’s big money in up selling all of these items.