Experience the difference of "Elite".

Email trigger for paid in full still set to send even though security deposit not paid yet

Greg S
Jul 17, 2018 11:36 AM
Joined Mar, 2018 17 posts

I have an email trigger set up to send the guests their door code 1 day before check-in, as long as they have paid the reservation in full at that point. I just noticed that one of my reservations coming up next week has that email "cleared for takeoff" and ready to be sent on time, even though the security deposit has not been collected (and, thus, the reservation is not actually paid in full).

Is this an error, or an expected outcome? If it's expected, how can I set up my email triggers to also consider whether the security deposit has been received in addition to the booking charges being paid in full?

Chris Hynes
Jul 17, 2018 12:00 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

There are a couple of things going on here:
- The built-in security deposit is a hold on the card like a hotel would do. It's not an actual payment so it's not included in the payments criteria for "paid in full".

If you want to do a refundable deposit instead, you can do that -- turn off the built in one and add a surcharge for "refundable deposit", then refund that amount after the guest departs.

- If you do want to stick with the hold, we've got a release in testing that adds a ton of additional trigger criteria, including one for security deposit status. That should be out later this week and will let you do a trigger on both Paid In Full and Security Deposit Reserved.