Experience the difference of "Elite".

Is there a way to add an extra, custom column to guest profiles?

Monica R
Jul 6, 2018 1:44 PM
Joined Feb, 2018 86 posts

When I go to the GUESTS tab, I see a list of all my guests. It's a table, really, with headings such as Name, Email, etc. I would like to be able to add additional columns there so I can easily track other data points. Can I do this?

Thanks!!
Monica

Chris Hynes
Jul 11, 2018 1:44 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Not right now. We've got custom fields for bookings, but not for guests, yet.

What sorts of data points would be tracking?

Monica R
Jul 12, 2018 11:33 AM

I'd want to add a column that would indicate the referral source (Airbnb, our website, Evolve, etc), as well as a column for whether I sent them a snail mail thank you card yet, or just a "notes" column that I can refer to if they re-book another time.

For example, if a guest had a specific preference for a particular kind of pillow, or if they were celebrating something, or if they tried to sneak dogs in without telling me, or if they were just a real pain in my butt... I'd love a "notes" field to be able to record those things. That way if/when they re-book, I have some context on who they are and what their situation was.

Chris Hynes
Jul 12, 2018 11:58 AM

Yep, those are both on the booking right now -- "Listing Site" for the referral source and a notes field. The referral source will probably stay on the booking because you could have different sources each time -- hopefully it starts with "Airbnb" and then switches over to "our website" ;-)

Notes makes sense to have on the guest as well as the booking -- probably should show both on the guest, both guest specific notes and also notes from all of the bookings.

Monica R
Jul 12, 2018 12:23 PM

I now see that INSIDE each individual booking, when you click on it, there is a notes field. However it doesn't show up in a column when you select BOOKINGS>LIST. Also, even though each booking does have its own notes field, those notes aren't global -- they refer to just that particular booking, right? So if I had an issue with a guest, or they have a particular preference I want to remember, having that info under a Guest Notes field under the GUESTS tab would be super helpful.

Michelle Z
Apr 24, 2020 9:36 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 11 posts

I have just swapped over to Ownerrez and would also love to see more options for adding notes to Guests. This allows for a central (CRM) location to keep details about specific guests: birthdays, previous preferences, kids/names etc. We have a high return rate so keeping track of guests details is very important to us. Adding custom fields/columns would also be great.
Without this in place, what are the options in the meantime, to store or get around this?

Chris Hynes
May 2, 2020 1:07 PM

Right now, the only place you can put the custom fields is still on the booking, not the guest. We've got some upcoming work to make that handle guests as well, but no ETA yet.

Dewey Getaway
May 29, 2020 2:40 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 49 posts

Can you add "Direct Booking" or "Owner Website" as an option under Listing sites?

Ken T
May 29, 2020 3:15 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Depending on what you mean, I think what you're looking for is Custom Sources:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/custom-sources