Experience the difference of "Elite".

Integrations. Ring Video Doorbell and NoiseAware

JTVRs
Jul 3, 2018 11:08 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Possible to integrate these?

Ring Video is the leading camera/video doorbell so you can talk with/see guests via your cellphone.

NoiseAware is the only noise monitoring solution for VRs and helps avoid problems with neighbors.

Hate to mention competitor (they were my second choice), but here is their page about integrating with those two and others. Maybe give you ideas. You were my first choice because your amazing automations. But you need dynamic pricing...
https://www.orbirental.com/partners/partners.jsp

Chris Hynes
Jul 11, 2018 1:58 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We've considered integrating with cameras and other monitoring solutions, but as of yet have not -- our main integrations are door locks.

What sorts of features would be useful for a video or noise monitoring integration on a PMS? Automatically sending out noise complaint emails or some such? Actual video displays would probably be better done directly in their UI's, so I'm not sure what else would be useful on the integrations.

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 11, 2018 4:13 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I will chime in. My interest is integration of Honeywell 9000 series thermostats...

JTVRs
Jul 12, 2018 8:52 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

noise complaints, noiseaware essentially notifies the owner that there is sustained noise. But Noiseaware has no knowledge of who the guests are. It would be cool if the decision to notify the owner instead (current) INSTEAD called/emailed several of the signing parties and said that a noise complaint was received and they are in violation of their agreement!!! The first complaint comes from software, not the owner.

Like that, Ring Video has no knowledge of the guests, only the owners. The PMS knows the guests currently booked. I plan to tell everyone that when they arrive (note on door and in communications), they need to push the doorbell. That will be my way of "meeting them." I will see them on my phone. And of course I am looking for unannounced animals, too many people, a frat party group.

In addition, the Doorbell camera should activate when they come and go, perhaps carrying out my television or bringing in a keg or large group or animal later.

Useful functions would be cutting a record of who stayed along with the Ring Video recordings. Without integration, OwnerRez knows who they are during that time, and the Doorbell knows nothing. It would help noting who came and potential violations. I am sure clever ideas could be thought up. Imagine if you worked with Ring Video to record a snapshot when they pushed the doorbell that became part of their PMS record! You integrate the information with the technology, and you get nice possibilities

Sarah H
Jan 11, 2020 3:58 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

I wanted to see if there were any updates to ideas on dealing with noise. I have a customer who owns in an HOA that is looking to enact rules about noise.

Michael D
Jan 13, 2020 8:58 PM
Joined Oct, 2019 54 posts

I would prefer integration with and scripting capability for SmartThings. Makes a more vendor-agnostic solution and the products supporting SmartThings are increasing at a dizzting pace.

Gathering Tree
Nov 3, 2021 5:31 PM
Joined Apr, 2021 4 posts

The future of STR management dashboards belongs to the service that figures out how badly needed the items mentioned below are!

JTVRs said:

noise complaints, noiseaware essentially notifies the owner that there is sustained noise. But Noiseaware has no knowledge of who the guests are. It would be cool if the decision to notify the owner instead (current) INSTEAD called/emailed several of the signing parties and said that a noise complaint was received and they are in violation of their agreement!!! The first complaint comes from software, not the owner.

Like that, Ring Video has no knowledge of the guests, only the owners. The PMS knows the guests currently booked. I plan to tell everyone that when they arrive (note on door and in communications), they need to push the doorbell. That will be my way of "meeting them." I will see them on my phone. And of course I am looking for unannounced animals, too many people, a frat party group.

In addition, the Doorbell camera should activate when they come and go, perhaps carrying out my television or bringing in a keg or large group or animal later.

Useful functions would be cutting a record of who stayed along with the Ring Video recordings. Without integration, OwnerRez knows who they are during that time, and the Doorbell knows nothing. It would help noting who came and potential violations. I am sure clever ideas could be thought up. Imagine if you worked with Ring Video to record a snapshot when they pushed the doorbell that became part of their PMS record! You integrate the information with the technology, and you get nice possibilities