Experience the difference of "Elite".

Google Pay?

Ella
Jun 18, 2018 8:48 AM
Joined May, 2014 139 posts

Hello,
Is there a way to enable Google pay as a payment option? Isn't it free (no processing fees) for debit cards?
I see in my Braintree account that I can enable it, but how to enable it here and should it be in my case through Braintree or a desperate payment method?
Thank you,
Ella

Chris Hynes
Jun 28, 2018 8:12 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I don't believe we have a way to integrate with Google Pay right now. Can you send a link to the info in Braintree about Google Pay?

Ella
Jul 2, 2018 8:41 AM

In Braintree I can enable it as one of accepted payment methods, just as with which credit card to accept... Hope that helps?

Ella
Jul 10, 2018 11:15 AM

Chris Hynes said:

I don't believe we have a way to integrate with Google Pay right now. Can you send a link to the info in Braintree about Google Pay?

Here it is:
https://developers.braintreepayments.com/guides/google-pay/overview

Chris Hynes
Jul 10, 2018 11:53 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Ahh, good info to have. We may look into it at some point -- it'd be sweet to let folks with Android phones be able to do a one-button reservation process instead of entering each piece of info.

However, it looks like it doesn't change fees at all. From the article:

"There are no additional standard fees for processing Google Pay transactions – pricing for Google Pay is the same as your other credit card transactions."

So they don't charge extra for Google Pay, but you still pay the same rate you pay for any other Braintree credit card transaction.

Ella
Mar 4, 2019 2:02 PM

Chris Hynes said:

Ahh, good info to have. We may look into it at some point -- it'd be sweet to let folks with Android phones be able to do a one-button reservation process instead of entering each piece of info.

However, it looks like it doesn't change fees at all. From the article:

"There are no additional standard fees for processing Google Pay transactions – pricing for Google Pay is the same as your other credit card transactions."

So they don't charge extra for Google Pay, but you still pay the same rate you pay for any other Braintree credit card transaction.

How about enabling Google Pay on it's own? (bypassing Braintree or other processors). This would be sweet. Google does not charge any fees for sending/receiving $ . Valid Debit Card, Bank Account or Google pay balance is all that's needed. AND at that point, we can discount as we don't have processing fees! Better than sending a check, payment is instant! :)
Please consider/update :)
Ella

Ella
Mar 4, 2019 2:03 PM

I believe Google Pay might have their own info on implementing that OwnerRez could use.

Ella
Mar 4, 2019 8:50 PM

Ella said:

I believe Google Pay might have their own info on implementing that OwnerRez could use.

https://pay.google.com/about/business/implementation/

JTVRs
Mar 4, 2019 9:24 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

That might be interesting to have Google Pay, Apple Pay and everything else available.

Not only saving the card fee, but probably harder for the guest to do a chargeback!

Paul W
Mar 5, 2019 11:03 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

The old "Google Wallet" product was something we were going to add, as another version of PayPal you could accept, but the Google Wallet terms specifically forbid lodging/vacation rental type business. So we never moved forward since VR users would end up having it turned off by Google. I dunno if Google Pay has the same requirements, but I bet it does.

Ella
Mar 5, 2019 11:08 PM

I'm not sure if it does, but you can select rentals as one of the categories on Google Play if you would like to select in settings that you occasionally accept business payments. Which is the setting that I currently use. I haven't looked any deeper...

BlueMtnCabins
Sep 20, 2023 4:26 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Since now there are Google Vacation Rentals, maybe Google will allow Google pay for them? 

Rex C
Sep 20, 2023 5:43 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2021 47 posts

Not likely, Google's products are all independently managed by different groups. Because Google does not handle payments for GVR bookings (they direct guests to your website to complete the actual booking), there is no likely integration because of this newer system.