Experience the difference of "Elite".

Server error (403 error).

amantalv
Jun 12, 2018 9:04 PM
Joined Jan, 2018 2 posts

Hello,
Today I received a call from a potential renter who stated my currency for my rates, under my calendar, is showing in Krone currency.
When I went to have a look, he's right, and the rates tables is not mine. As a matter of fact the inquiry format and the calendar are not mine either. When I look at the widget shortcode, it's a completely different property. I attempt to copy the syntax from the shortcoder plugin and copy it into the respective widget in Elementor, and it changes the content on the page to what it's supposed to be. However, when I go to UPDATE the page, I am getting a message Server Error (403 error).
I am not sure how this is pulling the wrong data in the first place, let alone why it won't update with the correct data even when I plug that in manually.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Aris

Chris Hynes
Jun 12, 2018 9:12 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

This can be caused by a security plugin like WordFence that is blocking the widget script. If you have WordFence, check out this article: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/403-error-whitelisting-wordfence

Since there was an error on saving, the widgets were never updated to point to your property and still must be set for the VacationSoup example property.

Once you fix the security issue and re-save, that'll fix the problem. To double check, hold down the Ctrl key and click on the widget. That will pop up a message with the property name showing in the widget.

amantalv
Jun 12, 2018 9:42 PM
Joined Jan, 2018 2 posts

Thanks for this! Got it working. I had searched the forums for the error message and it did not come up. But it worked precisely!

Thanks again,
Aris

CatP
Apr 17, 2021 5:57 PM
Joined May, 2019 11 posts

Chris Hynes said:

This can be caused by a security plugin like WordFence that is blocking the widget script. If you have WordFence, check out this article: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/403-error-whitelisting-wordfence

Since there was an error on saving, the widgets were never updated to point to your property and still must be set for the VacationSoup example property.

Once you fix the security issue and re-save, that'll fix the problem. To double check, hold down the Ctrl key and click on the widget. That will pop up a message with the property name showing in the widget.

CatP
Apr 17, 2021 9:30 PM
Joined May, 2019 11 posts

403 ERROR CODE ON WORDPRESS: Hiya, Chris, my site uses WordPress, and I'm also getting a 403 error code when I make changes to Gallery pictures. I'm asking you for help because I saw your response about a fix, and you're obviously a smart guy!
Could the problem be caused by the activation of the SSL plugin? It's free, called Really Simple SSL, i think.

Paul W
Apr 19, 2021 10:45 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

CatP said:

Could the problem be caused by the activation of the SSL plugin? It's free, called Really Simple SSL, i think

Hi CatP, no that most likely isn't it, but it's possible. What is your website? Use our help desk (help@ownerreservations.com) to send in more details including screenshots showing what you're seeing inside your Wordpress control panel.

Paul W
Apr 19, 2021 1:00 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

CatP, I just noticed that you don't have our WordPress Plugin enabled, so it sounds like you're talking about some other general WordPress issue. For that, you should contact your hosting/website provider and ask them about it.