Experience the difference of "Elite".

What is the Booking Automation for?

Monica R
Mar 18, 2018 4:58 PM
Joined Feb, 2018 86 posts

So I'm brand new and very confused about a lot of things, but I'll start with this one...

What is the booking automation function for? I have set up all these automatic trigger emails, but it occurs to me that I have no reason to send them because all my bookings come from another booking site like VRBO or Airbnb, and the communication is already generated from THOSE sites.

So what do you guys use the triggers for? Is is ONLY for bookings that come through Facebook, or your own website?

Thanks!!
Monica

BlueMtnCabins
Mar 19, 2018 10:32 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

some of us., once booking is received, only sent automated emails via owenerrez, no those sites. Why>? Many reasons. Like VRBO will strip links off (like u have automated email to send the list of links to local attractions - cannot do that on VRBO because it will strip hyperlinks). I do not use the 3rd party site communications almost at all once I have renters email (I get it form VRBO and update the booking in OR with that email). From that moment on all emails are from OR. Like , what to bring, entry instructions, driving directions, door code (OR integrated with erentallock which I have), etc. I also use OR rental agreement that renters have to e-sign (OR send them a link to do it). OR is much more customizable and powerful than those AirtBNB and VRBO canned emails.