Experience the difference of "Elite".

SMBYO Smoky Mountains by owner going live

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 14, 2018 12:26 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Received the announcement that they go live on 17th. Presumably it will be same / similar to ECBYO.

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 15, 2018 9:40 AM

Update from SMBYO:
wanted to give an update on our listing site Smoky Mountains By Owners. www.smbyo.com

We have officially set a launch date and it is Wednesday January 17th at 12:00pm EST.

The concept is similar to our Gulf Coast site www.ecbyo.com and will cover the Tennessee Valley and surrounding areas.

This site was built with one intention in mind and that is marketing.

There are no service fees/booking fees. No fees charged to the owners other than the subscription cost to list.

You will be able to fully control the entire booking process and take payment however you may please. The guests are put in direct contact with you.

Our VIP special will run for a limited time for those who registered before launch. You can still register for the vip discount through the link below.

The launch email will be sent out to the VIP registrants along with the discount code.

The site has been a long time in the making and we are very excited for launch. Thank you for the encouragement.

Chris Hynes
Jan 15, 2018 6:21 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Excellent!

If you're signing up, get a couple of test inquiries into your account and let me know and we'll get the inquiry parser to add support. Hopefully very similar to the ecbyo.com format.

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 15, 2018 6:23 PM

Chris Hynes said:

Excellent!

If you're signing up, get a couple of test inquiries into your account and let me know and we'll get the inquiry parser to add support. Hopefully very similar to the ecbyo.com format.

I plan to sign up with at least one property...

Janice T
Jan 20, 2018 2:58 PM
Joined Mar, 2016 63 posts

Chris Hynes said:

Excellent!

I have one of my properties set up on SMBYO so far and have done a couple of test inquiries. Maybe these will be of help getting them set up? The inquiry numbers are ORI801217324 & ORI801217326.

-Janice

Chris Hynes
Jan 20, 2018 10:43 PM

Yep, those are great! We'll look into that next week.

Janice T
Jan 20, 2018 11:02 PM

Chris Hynes said:

Ok, thanks. :)

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 23, 2018 10:11 AM

Chris Hynes said:

I have sent a sample inq for Blue Mountain Lodge ( it is property 1270 on SMBYO), I did have inquryspot email spcified in SMBYO set up, do not see inquiry showing in OR yet.

Chris Hynes
Jan 23, 2018 10:24 AM

We pushed out support for SMBYO over the weekend (of course it's ever so slightly different than ECBYO so it needed a new parser). Should be working, or at least you would get an unrecognized inquiry email if it was in a different format, but I don't see anything coming in yet.

Do you get notifications on another email so you can verify that they are in fact sending it?

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 23, 2018 10:28 AM

You are right, for some reason they send inquiry to my other email (That I do not even remember giving them) not to the email I used to sign up. I will have to fix that once I am home and retry

Janice T
Jan 23, 2018 12:10 PM

Here is what is in the email header I received from SMBYO. They are sending notifications to both email addresses I gave them.

------------------------------------------------------
Property Inquiry from SmokyMountainsByOwners.com

From sales@smokymountainsbyowners.com Jan 20 at 2:37 PM
To janicetabor1@att.net, orp5b54dfx@inquiryspot.com