Experience the difference of "Elite".

Who uses the Quick Books feature?

Wendy@A-List
Jan 11, 2018 8:26 PM
Joined Jun, 2012 32 posts

I've been VERY unsuccessful in using my quickbooks desktop version. In the middle of getting info to my accountant for our taxes and know that if I used the QB it would be much easier, but I really don't understand QB!! My question:
Is it easy for a real QB "dummy" to use the OR feature that uploads the info to QB online? will it integrate everything my accountant will need for taxes?

Is there a service to set this up for me?
I have read the OR articles on this subject... OR does not upload refunds? will it eventually do this as this complicates things.
When I have to refund but keep the cancellation fee is that figured out in QB?
Does it keep track separately of for example: Boat motor fee, dog fee, housekeeping fee, taxes
Any other advice in this area appreciated, I really don't even know what questions to ask.
Thank you,
Wendy

ShenRent
Jan 12, 2018 10:26 AM
Joined Dec, 2009 54 posts

HI Wendy, we use it, but it is not for the faint of heart. QB in general is not for the faint of heart. It takes work and an understanding of how QB works. OR basically creates "invoices" in QB for you, with matching payments, for each booking in OwnerRez. It is not a magic button that you press and then walk away from. You will still need to match up bank deposits to the payments OwnerRez creates for you. The rent and taxes you can track separately, but there is no way to track different kinds of rent or surcharges (rent versus dog fee versus cleaning). I have asked for that and they say it's coming.

Wendy@A-List
Jan 23, 2018 9:36 PM
Joined Jun, 2012 32 posts

Thank you for your response, I didn't get notified and just checked back! Quick books is difficult for me and am hoping for some "help"...
Is it helpful when gathering info for your accountant at the beginning of the year for tax reporting?
Any other advice on how useful it is or not appreciated.
Thanks again,
Wendy

Sloanish
Jul 16, 2018 10:35 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 115 posts

I am new to OR but have been using QB Pro Desktop 2016 for many years.
I really like the class option that let's me show separate columns for each property and for misc income.
Now the kicker.
OR only uses Quickbooks Online. This means you need to pay $60 a month to get that feature that I used to get included with the desktop.

Basically this is upsetting because both QB products should be able to be integrated.
I will dig into this a bit more but am a bit discouraged at this point. Hearing that the integration is not complete is not good news either.

Chris Hynes
Jul 17, 2018 10:26 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We've considered QuickBooks Desktop integration, but it doesn't offer full sync support that would let us make updates to invoices and payments as incidentals are added and payments come in.

We do have reports and exports for bookings and charges and payments, so some folks will dump those to Excel and then import to QB desktop that way.

QBO integration is fully functional, and we're actually working on a bunch of updates for that right now which will be out in the next month or two.