Experience the difference of "Elite".

Additional fields on lease agreement or check out form to prevent over occupancy

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 9, 2018 1:23 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Is there a way to add additional fields before lease signing or at least have renters fill out?
There is apparently lot of attempts to over occupy the properties (bring more than max number of people0. I was wondering if something like this can be added to make gust fill out as part of check out:

First name, First letter of last name ________ Age_______
etc to the max number of guests allowed.
TIA

Chris Hynes
Jan 9, 2018 4:16 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, you can add additional custom fields and mark them as required during checkout. Here's an article on that: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/capture-additional-fields-on-checkout-quote-acceptance

Those fields will be shown both on the quote checkout as well as on the signing link if you send it for other bookings like Airbnb.

We will add a specific guest list feature like that eventually, but for now use the custom fields. You can either create one rich text (multiline) field and ask for one guest per line, or create multiple fields one per each and tell the guest to enter N/A if the guest count doesn't match.

Those fields can then be merged in to the renter agreement so its part of what they sign.

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 10, 2018 1:17 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

awesome, let me try

Gretchen R
Feb 17, 2018 4:15 PM
Joined Jul, 2017 1 post

I am curious, did you get this to work for you? I added custom mandatory fields to the rental agreement thinking it would prompt the user to fill them in during signing but apparently I didn't understand how it works. Do I need to send the renter an email asking for the additional and then enter it into ownerez?

Chris Hynes
Feb 17, 2018 4:59 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

If the fields are set to show and be required on checkout, it will show them both on quote checkout and when later sending a renter agreement signing link. However if the booking arrival date has already passed, it won't show them on the renter agreement signing link to keep the guest from changing existing information.

I checked your account and it looks like you have the Primary Guest DOB field required for checkout, but the additional guest fields are not shown or required. Change them to shown and they will come up as long as the booking arrival is in the future.