Experience the difference of "Elite".

Booking.com doesn't provide enough guest payment details to process payments through Ownerrez?

Pedro T
Dec 10, 2017 5:39 PM
Joined Nov, 2017 49 posts

I've just recently started accepting reservations on booking.com and have had two come through. The credit card details I seem to receive through booking.com do not provide me with the guest's credit card billing address that ownerrez requires. I'm processing payments through Lynnbrook. I've instead logged into my portal at lynnbrook to accept the payment as it doesn't require the street address and zip code to process the payment.
Is there a way to get this info from Booking.com or can Ownerrez bypass this requirement?

Chris Hynes
Dec 21, 2017 4:31 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I believe we discussed this via support ticket, but for general reference here's the setup we recommend for booking.com:

Go to the Policies section under the Property dropdown on the booking.com admin.

Change your cancellation and prepayment settings to require 30 or 60 day notice for cancellation and charge a cancellation fee -- that'll discourage people from canceling last minute. You can give a grace period for cancellations within a few hours of booking, or 8-12 weeks before arrival to soften up the policy.

Set prepayment to Yes in the same policy and set payment to "credit card". That will require a credit card on booking.

Also go to Guest Information in the same Policies section and require an address and phone number so you have contact info.

Email or call booking.com support and ask them to require the CVV/Card Security Code field -- there's no option for that in the policies section but they will do it if you ask them. That'll make it easier to charge the card.

We're almost done with booking.com direct integration -- hopefully will be released in January, pending certification by booking.com. Once that's in place, all of the details and payments will flow in automatically and rates will be updated to booking.com from OwnerRez.

BlueMtnCabins
Feb 23, 2018 11:07 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

maybe not entirely related, but a booking.com question. anyone signed up recently? before you had to give all your property info to a rep and they created listing and description for you, which ended up looking like some hotel room description. is there a dashboard now owner can access and maintain their rates and policies? How do you find it for a stand alone vacation home? how do you prevent over occupancy? any push back form renters on rental agreement?

Chris Hynes
Feb 23, 2018 6:49 PM

Yep, there's now a dashboard where you can enter and manage the property and rates, and they support iCal sync.

We're actually working on direct booking.com integration right now, which will be released in the next week or two. That will let you push rates to booking.com and get reservations into OwnerRez automatically, with cards on file and scheduled payments etc.

I put a few of my properties on booking.com already and have had a good experience so far. The key thing is to make sure to set strict policies, particularly a hefty cancellation fee, requiring address and phone, and requiring credit card and cvv to book.

BlueMtnCabins
Feb 23, 2018 6:55 PM

Thank you for yhe update, i guess i will wait for integration to try. Is there an option NOT to push rates and set them in booking instead? I want rates there higher than on my own site. Tx

Chris Hynes
Feb 23, 2018 11:23 PM

You can't turn off the rate push -- booking.com forces it on the connection, actually.

Instead, we've got a rate adjuster on the channel settings so you can +20% and that'll be applied to your rates as they're pushed across.

BlueMtnCabins
Feb 24, 2018 7:58 AM

Tonadjust channel settings -do u have to have PM module ir channel manager for that?

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 10, 2018 12:57 PM

so is booking.com integrated now? Experiences?