Experience the difference of "Elite".

Email triggers inside of date-window don't send?

Pedro T
Nov 22, 2017 2:14 PM
Joined Nov, 2017 49 posts

I have a check-in message trigger set up that will send an email 7 days before a guest's check-in.
Last-minute check-ins that occur within that 7 day window don't seem to fire. Is there a way to still trigger these?

Chris Hynes
Nov 22, 2017 2:27 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Right now, triggers don't fire if the due date is past -- this is to keep old ones from firing inadvertently. We've thought of making a trigger option to send even if past, but need to get that right so it doesn't make it easy to send triggers on accident.

In the meantime, the best way is to create a trigger to send the details a second time a day before arrival. That's good because it covers the last minute bookings as well as reminding guests of the check-in details -- no more calls with "I can't find the email" when it's right at the top of their inbox.

Pedro T
Nov 22, 2017 2:40 PM

Ok, thanks!

Pedro T
Nov 22, 2017 2:44 PM

Yet a "1-day before booking trigger" still won't fire for a same-day reservation, correct?

Chris Hynes
Nov 22, 2017 3:15 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Best thing for those is to go to the Email tab on the booking and trigger a send for that email manually. Do you do a lot of same day bookings? Usually those take a bit of attention to make sure cleaning and communication go out for the last minute items.

Pedro T
Nov 22, 2017 4:07 PM

Not a lot but consistently enough that I'll need to keep an eye on it.

Thanks,

BlueMtnCabins
Nov 24, 2017 8:56 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Chris Hynes said:

Right now, triggers don't fire if the due date is past -- this is to keep old ones from firing inadvertently. We've thought of making a trigger option to send even if past, but need to get that right so it doesn't make it easy to send triggers on accident.

In the meantime, the best way is to create a trigger to send the details a second time a day before arrival. That's good because it covers the last minute bookings as well as reminding guests of the check-in details -- no more calls with "I can't find the email" when it's right at the top of their inbox.

To alleviate this, i set up 2 triggers: one 14 days out and one 3 days out for the same email. That way 3 day one catches the one that does not fall under 14 day rule.