Experience the difference of "Elite".

Airbnb request for contact info (real email address) and signed renter agreement

BlueMtnCabins
Oct 23, 2017 6:28 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I have tried to do what article " Airbnb request for contact info (real email address) and signed renter agreement" suggests - request contact email AND send link to RA in same email sent to Airbnb type of email. It appears that it does never go through because I have not seen one guests reply (take action) on it. Would I also not see it in Airbnb dash? I never have. I end up asking guest for their regular email( gmail, yahoo) etc , updating it in booking info, and only then sending them, link to RA. Since I cannot test this (by creating a fake Airbnb reservation), has anyone encountered the same?

ShenRent
Oct 23, 2017 9:55 AM
Joined Dec, 2009 54 posts

Works for us at a pretty high rate. The email address that OR originally imports from Airbnb is a @guest.airbnb.com email address. It's a special email address that sends email back and forth directly with the guest. It does not add messages to the Airbnb message thread (what you can see online). The message thread email address ends with @reply.airbnb.com. The @guest one only works while the booking is active. Once the guest has departed, that email addresses ceases to work and you'll start getting bounce messages (which is why it's important to get the guest's REAL email address). If no one ever responds to the trigger thing, you should check with OR team to see if it's set up correctly. 'Cause it works for us at a pretty high rate. A good 75% of the time if not more the guest will respond right off.

Chris Hynes
Oct 23, 2017 10:30 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I double checked @BlueMtnCabins setup and it looks correct, with a trigger and template going out to the @guest.airbnb.com email address. When you get in contact with the guest through other means do they deny getting the email at all or admit that they received it but just ignored it?

The one thing I'd suggest is editing the link text to be more friendly. Edit the template, click on the {BULEASE} link, click the edit link button, and change the "Text to display" to something more explanatory than just the raw URL.

BlueMtnCabins
Oct 23, 2017 10:37 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I never asked, but since I never received ANY response to it, so I assumed they never get it whereas when i send to their own email, I do get a response. I will try to follow up with next AirBNb bookings to see if it works.