Experience the difference of "Elite".

Is travel insurance email now sent automatically?

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 17, 2017 7:46 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I noticed that on new booking renter just was sent email with travel insurance link. I have it as 'optional", and always had, but is sending an email something new? i have never noticed it before. Thanks

Chris Hynes
Aug 17, 2017 8:32 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, optional still works the same way.

However, we recently fixed a hole in the workflow on check bookings and travel insurance. Travel insurance requires a credit card, so before if a guest selected travel insurance but paid with a check or PayPal, you'd have to manually send them the travel insurance link for them to be able to purchase it. There wasn't any automation on that -- the guest would have to notice they didn't get the travel insurance and ask you for the link.

Now, if the guest picks travel insurance and pays the booking with a non credit card method, we note on the checkout that we'll send them an email about it and send out that template automatically. It only goes out automatically if they actually select travel insurance during checkout -- that optional setting is still honored.

We also tightened up the messaging to you and to the guest with the deadlines for travel insurance to cut down on folks that want travel insurance but miss the deadline (day of final trip payment or 30 days before arrival, whichever is later).

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 17, 2017 8:40 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Ah, thank you, that explains it - she opted to pay by check AND selected insurance, apparently. That is why I saw the email. By the way now since I was able to add an optional check discount, 2 people already opted to use it.