Experience the difference of "Elite".

Potentially simple request

Marina's Edge Re
Aug 17, 2017 1:00 AM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

Interesting thing just came up. Our guests that auto booked on VRBO didn't receive our emails because VRBO isn't passing email addresses through iCal. Wondering if there is a way to send an email to us the owners that reminds us that emails won't go out because there is no email address so we can go in and add it? Alternately, a way to simply filter (or a report) that showed all guests without a valid email so we could easily add them?

Damon

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 17, 2017 7:49 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Marinas Edge said:

Interesting thing just came up. Our guests that auto booked on VRBO didn't receive our emails because VRBO isn't passing email addresses through iCal. Wondering if there is a way to send an email to us the owners that reminds us that emails won't go out because there is no email address so we can go in and add it? Alternately, a way to simply filter (or a report) that showed all guests without a valid email so we could easily add them?

Damon

I have potentially simple solution. Once VRBO booking is booked and paid via VRBO, it will get imported into OR. Just open the booking in OR and edit the info section , entering the real traveler's email (which you would see in VRBO dash once traveler has paid). After that all scheduled emails will go as normal, to traveler's regular (personal) email.

Chris Hynes
Aug 17, 2017 9:45 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

BlueMtnCabins said:

Marinas Edge said:

Damon

I have potentially simple solution. Once VRBO booking is booked and paid via VRBO, it will get imported into OR. Just open the booking in OR and edit the info section , entering the real traveler's email (which you would see in VRBO dash once traveler has paid). After that all scheduled emails will go as normal, to traveler's regular (personal) email.

Yep, that's the basic workflow we suggest right now. We've got some projects underway to improve it.

We just added a filter on the bookings grid to make it easier to check up and make sure you're not missing anything. You can now look for "Has Email Address" and pick Yes or No:

Marina's Edge Re
Aug 18, 2017 12:52 AM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

Awesome! Thanks, this works great

Janice T
Aug 18, 2017 5:07 PM
Joined Mar, 2016 63 posts

BlueMtnCabins said:

Marinas Edge said:

Damon

How much info from a VRBO booking do you enter manually into OwnerRez besides the email address? I am wondering what is and isn't worth bothering with.

Pedro T
Nov 30, 2017 1:08 PM
Joined Nov, 2017 49 posts

Where do I find this filter now? I don't see it as in the screenshot you posted.

Chris Hynes
Nov 30, 2017 1:18 PM

The filter button has moved to the next line so that the current filters are always shown inline.

Also, filtering isn't supported on calendar views -- you need to be in list mode.

Pedro T
Nov 30, 2017 1:23 PM
Joined Nov, 2017 49 posts

Thanks. Found it in list mode.

BlueMtnCabins
Nov 30, 2017 3:06 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

email addr, number of guests, phone number. that is it.

Chris Hynes
Dec 7, 2017 4:59 PM

Heads up: we added a import from VRBO/HA export in the tools menu that will take their reservation export to CSV and populate contact info and guest count.