Experience the difference of "Elite".

How did you find us? optional question/field

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 4, 2017 2:05 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1117 posts

Other than knowing which website the given traveler has inquired from or booked, is there a way to add optional question/field to inquiry/quote widget and /or check out form so that owner may know where/how the guest found owners' website? I advertise on craigslist, visitmysmokies etc, have presence on google etc. So when those people finally get to website, I do not know where they found it 9 they could have seen my ad on CL, or saw it on Google, or Visitmysmokies). would be good if I know what site has driven the inquiry. Or is there any other way to know this?

Chris Hynes
Aug 5, 2017 10:09 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

This is a good one. I know several people put text on their site asking them to enter that in the comments, but that's sort of brittle. We could put a free text field for that on the widget, but there are already a ton of fields there.

Best idea would be to use a custom field to capture that on checkout: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/capture-additional-fields-on-checkout-quote-acceptance

Kelly M
Oct 1, 2022 12:08 PM
Joined Apr, 2021 26 posts

I added this custom field, but is there any way to see the values from all guests (like in a report or a field in the exported data) rather than having to go into each individual reservation and look at the answer under Custom Fields? It would be really helpful if this could be better integrated as it's a really important data point for anyone trying to do any marketing efforts. 

Alece
Oct 3, 2022 10:58 AM
Joined Jan, 2020 165 posts

I added this custom field, but is there any way to see the values from all guests (like in a report or a field in the exported data) rather than having to go into each individual reservation and look at the answer under Custom Fields? It would be really helpful if this could be better integrated as it's a really important data point for anyone trying to do any marketing efforts. 

YES PLEASE!

Ken T
Oct 3, 2022 10:15 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1554 posts
Kelly M
Oct 4, 2022 4:10 PM
Joined Apr, 2021 26 posts

Yes thank you!