Experience the difference of "Elite".

Stats

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 31, 2017 12:22 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

is there any way to track in stats which dates users are queriying inquiry/book widgets for? We can already see in GA when user is using a booking/inquiry widget of which property. It's be great if we can also see what dates they plugged in. TIA.

Chris Hynes
Jul 31, 2017 12:42 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Huh, that's a great idea! Like you mentioned, we already trigger the events in GA.

Could add some custom vars in there for Arrival and Departure, would that work?

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 31, 2017 12:46 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Chris Hynes said:

Huh, that's a great idea! Like you mentioned, we already trigger the events in GA.

Could add some custom vars in there for Arrival and Departure, would that work?

i do not know. What i meant that this stat would not be for quotes-turned-bookings (obviously on those we do know what dates ended up being booked because they got booked :-). But rather when you look in GA (even in real time) and you see users hitting "inquiry/book" widget, you see what location they are from, and what referrer/website they came from, but you do not see what dates they are querying.

Chris Hynes
Aug 4, 2017 12:58 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I looked into this and I don't see any support in GA for passing custom values you can see in real time. The only thing you can set is the event label. You can pass custom values for a visitor that are visible on the non-realtime reports, but even that support is limited.

We'll keep this in mind for a future enhancement if GA adds support we can use to show additional values in the real time dashboard. Or maybe we need to build our own real time dashboard ;-)