Experience the difference of "Elite".

balance payment reminder email not triggered for manual quotes

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 18, 2017 11:17 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1116 posts

I have set up and email reminder to be sent 7 days prior to balance due date so that it gives the renter an opportunity to pay by a different means if they so desire.
the set up for triggering allows o select which booking sites the email applies to. I have selected the oens that I book directly 9Tripadvisor, my ownr sites etc).

However, I just realized that email does not trigger if a quote was manually created ; example: someone called me yesterday; I asked their email; created a quote; they booked and paid deposit using that quote; but now in email set up the payment reminder email says trigger does not apply.

Is there any way around it? Thanks

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 18, 2017 1:44 PM

Solved by creating a "side" called 'Direct book" and I have to mark every direct booking as 'Direct book' ; set up "Direct book" site to be included in list of triggers. It is a workaround , but should work

Chris Hynes
Jul 18, 2017 1:59 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Ahh, good call, that should work. What would the ideal situation be on reminders?

Are the built in payment reminders not flexible enough for what you're doing?

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 18, 2017 2:38 PM

That the reminders ARE triggered when booking is made off of "manual" quote. i can exclude listing sites in a trigger condition (ex: I do not want to send payment reminders to AirBNb or VRBO imported bookings so those are excluded in the trigger set up). . But when a booking was made via ownerrez in response to a quote that i created manually (say I had someone on the phone), the quote is created with "blank" in the Listing site name, and the trigger does not work to send a reminder because it works only on the list of sites that i specifically 'included" in the trigger conditions.

My trigger condition example:

37 days before booking arrives
AND
Listing site = Tripadvisor, <my own site>, Flipkey, Vacationhomerentals

result: Trigger does NOT send a payment reminder for a booking that was booked based on my manual quote (because , I am guessing, "manual quote' is not in the list of trigger conditions).

what i think it should be:
37 days before booking arrives
AND
{ Listing site = [list of sites, as above] OR [booking was created as response to manual quote sent via ownerrez]}