Experience the difference of "Elite".

Can no longer use custom fields in emails

Glenn Moore
Jul 9, 2017 1:19 PM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

Hi, something is wrong. I am creating a new custom email template, but it no longer reads one of my custom fields.
ie. Created a new custom booking field called {BXCLNDATE} for cleaning dates. In my template, all my other custom fields come in, but this one keeps showing as {BXCLNDATE}. I tried removing it and adding it again, but I cannot seem to get it to work on a booking template.

Glenn Moore
Jul 9, 2017 1:39 PM

Yea, now looking at all my booking templates, anywhere there is a custom *booking* field, it now does not render the field, rather it just shows the field code. It still brings in custom property fields fine. I hope that this can get fixed quickly as I have a booking field where I manually assign a lock code per booking to guests. Now the email that goes out to guests says, 'the code to get into the house is: {BXLCKCODE1}' rather than 'the code to get into the house is 1234'

Chris Hynes
Jul 9, 2017 2:01 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Are you seeing this issue in the preview or in actual emails going out? The preview doesn't populate example values for custom booking field codes because there's no booking to reference in that context, only the property.

If you want to test a real one, go to a booking and use Email this Guest, then switch to the template. That way you'll have the context of the booking and the fields will be populated.

I did that on a couple templates and it looks to be working. Do you see one that's broken?

Glenn Moore
Jul 9, 2017 2:20 PM

You are correct... my fault. I though I also saw it on the queued emails to go out. But I got myself mixed up with a test custom booking field. All works now! Yes now I recall that custom booking fields do not show up on the template preview.

I guess this can one day be avoided if lockcode (for regular manual locks) can cleaning date is part of the standard fields for booking {wink} {wink} LOL

Thanks for your fast response! My bad.

Glenn

Chris Hynes
Jul 9, 2017 2:36 PM

Yep, no problem! We do need to clarify that on the preview -- it's a bit of a stumbling block right now.

Chris Hynes
Jul 9, 2017 7:56 PM

Oh, and yes, we have plans to make manual lock code and the cleaning date fields on the booking ;-)

Chris Hynes
Jul 12, 2017 6:43 PM

We just rolled out an update that lets you pick a booking in the template preview for both emails and legal agreements.

Hopefully that should make this less confusing!