Experience the difference of "Elite".

Import bookings as excel

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 2, 2017 1:05 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Trying to import pas bookings as excel. Constantly gives me error that format is not correct even though I used a template. I cannot figure out what is not correct, except my booking date doe not have booked time within. Stumped

Chris Hynes
Jul 2, 2017 1:21 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Can you send over the file you're using in a ticket? I'll have a look.

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 2, 2017 1:22 PM

what email should I send it to?

Chris Hynes
Jul 2, 2017 1:38 PM

help@ownerreservations.com

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 3, 2017 7:55 AM

Oh no. so I finally imported bookings, and triggered emails went out for 2014 bookings! I did not think they would trigger for the PAST bookings... people will think I am crazy or spamming them

Chris Hynes
Jul 3, 2017 11:11 AM

Oh no! Arrival/departure triggers don't go out on imported bookings, but it looks like you had a days after created booking, and so that one triggered. I apologize -- I should have checked for that and mentioned it while we were working through the file yesterday. I know it won't help this one, but I'll see if there's a way we can add an option to exclude importeds from triggers entirely.

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 3, 2017 11:14 AM

Chris Hynes said:

Oh no! Arrival/departure triggers don't go out on imported bookings, but it looks like you had a days after created booking, and so that one triggered. I apologize -- I should have checked for that and mentioned it while we were working through the file yesterday. I know it won't help this one, but I'll see if there's a way we can add an option to exclude imported from triggers entirely.

Yes I do have day-after-booking-created trigger for "general info" type of email, but I did not think they would go that far in the past.. I was just trying to consolidate all my past bookings in one place (ownerrez). I already had one guest from 2015 email-me back asking what happened.

Chris Hynes
Jul 3, 2017 6:51 PM

We just added this in a hotfix to control the triggers on import:

Can't take back the emails, but this will keep the problem from happening ever again.

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 3, 2017 7:35 PM

Chris Hynes said:

We just added this in a hotfix to control the triggers on import:

Can't take back the emails, but this will keep the problem from happening ever again.

Good deal! I do not think payment reminders got enabled in my set up, it is just general welcome email that went out :)

Chris Hynes
Jul 3, 2017 7:54 PM

Yes, the payment and secdep reminders were always skipped before on import.

While we were making the triggers skippable, I figured we should make the payment and secdep reminders un-skippable -- sometimes people import future bookings and want to turn the reminders on to get the second payments.

Two birds with one stone :-)

Lorraine W
Mar 3, 2021 12:40 PM
Joined Mar, 2021 8 posts

The same is happening to me! I've filled in the template and inputted all the data I have. Very frustrating!

Chris Hynes
Mar 3, 2021 12:46 PM

Is there a Rooms column in the file? We recently removed that -- if it it's in your file from an older version of the template, that could be causing the issue. If it's there, delete just that Rooms column and save the file and try again.

If that doesn't work, send the file to help@ownerreservations.com and we'll have a look.