Experience the difference of "Elite".

Issue with Email Templates

Tracy P
Jun 29, 2017 6:25 PM
Joined May, 2017 9 posts

Good Afternoon,

I'm new to all this and am just getting set up. I'm attempting to create a triggered email with arrival information. it has to be specific for each property (i have 5). When attempting to set up the first one, i get an error message when i type in the name of the email template and also with the subject line the recipient will see. I have looked and looked for an answer but am not sure why I am getting an error.

thanks,

Chris Hynes
Jun 29, 2017 6:36 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Hmm. What error message are you getting?

Are you making 5 emails, one for each property? There's an easier way to make it specific for each property -- create custom fields for the information that will change, like directions or lock code, then define values for those fields in each property. Once that's done, you can create a single email template that references the field and is updated with the correct value for the property on the booking.

Here's an article on that: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/pre-arrival-email-templates-triggers-custom-fields

Tracy P
Jun 29, 2017 6:44 PM
Joined May, 2017 9 posts

I will happily make one for all properties as you suggested and i did see that tutorial. However, when i try to create one i get an error message in the field for Name (at the top) and Subject. Do I need to create these first?

Here is the error message... it's probably something very basic but i cant figure it out!

Wait, something's wrong!

There is a problem with 2 of the fields below. Please look carefully at the red fields, correct the problem and then try again.

Tracy P
Jun 29, 2017 7:31 PM
Joined May, 2017 9 posts

it seems to have resolved itself. Thank you!