Experience the difference of "Elite".

Creating a new booking for a repeat guest

Jackie N
Jun 24, 2017 12:58 PM
Joined Sep, 2016 13 posts

I couldn't find this but suspect there's already a solution. I have many guests who want to reserve their same week for the following year - is there an easy way to create a new booking for a repeat guest without having to re-enter all their personal info? Thanks!

Chris Hynes
Jun 27, 2017 1:24 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Not yet, but that's high on the list. We're looking at things like a copy booking that works like the copy quote or a lookup button on create booking to find previous guests.

Do you usually look up the previous info when creating a quote or a booking directly?

Jackie N
Jun 27, 2017 8:52 AM
Joined Sep, 2016 13 posts

I would prefer a "copy booking" option so I can easily create a new booking and only have to update dates and rates without re-entering addresses, phone numbers, etc. The lazy option!

Yes, I do usually look up the previous info when creating a quote or new booking.

I also like the idea of a "lookup button" to find previous guests but only if it also brings the guest's info with it if I'm trying to use it to create a new booking.

Thanks,
Jackie

Chris Hynes
Jun 27, 2017 9:26 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Ahh, yes. I was able to get a copy booking to booking or quote feature into this morning's hotfix -- basically the same thing as we've had for copy quote to quote.

Keep in mind that this will only populate the fields you see on the create screen, so if you have a guest with 5 addresses, it'll only grab the first one.

To do a full copy will take a good deal more time for us to develop, with that more in depth lookup button etc. but hopefully this helps out for now.