Experience the difference of "Elite".

Auto-send quote option - only to certain inquiries

BlueMtnCabins
Jun 20, 2017 1:25 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Right now there is an option to check to auto send quote in response to inquiry. On certain sites, like AirBNB and now VRBO, the quote link will not go through. Is there a way to send auto response to all sites but send quote only when inquiry originated on certain sites? ex: i want to send generic response to all inquiries no matter where they originate, but send quote only to inquiries originated from non-dark-veil sites like my own site, widget, or TA.
Sites like AirBNB would only get generic response without quote.
overall would be good to have auto responses text differ by site too.
TIA

Marina's Edge Re
Jun 20, 2017 9:57 PM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

Hmm...does this mean that with VRBO an OwnerRez quote will no longer work (e.g. all bookings will need to go through VRBO)?

BlueMtnCabins
Jun 21, 2017 7:02 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Marinas Edge said:

Hmm...does this mean that with VRBO an OwnerRez quote will no longer work (e.g. all bookings will need to go through VRBO)?

Correctomundo. if you didn;t notice they malady blank out/strip any links, emails etc within the emails you send or receive. Even after renter has paid.

Sam Westcott
Jun 21, 2017 10:41 AM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

I responded to this (sort of) over here:

https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/general-help/vrbo-walled-garden-is-up#59325

Summary:

* If you're going to use VRBO and Air (which pretty much everyone does) you will have to get used to accepting Book Now requests and using their message thread.

* We are working on tools to work WITH the message thread and Book Now stuff that they send.

* It is more important than ever to export your records out as the walled gardens put up their high walls