Experience the difference of "Elite".

Weird iCal behavior

Marina's Edge Re
Jun 16, 2017 1:35 AM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

I synch the OwnerRez calendar with AirBnB. On Memorial day I had an opening but my calendar in AirBnB showed "Memorial Day" as blocked. It turns out that Memorial Day from OwnerRez was passed through iCal as blocked to the AirBnB calendar. My AirBnB to OwnerRez synch then showed "Memorial Day" as blocked on my OwnerRez calendar. Not sure if this makes sense, but I think this is what happened.

Chris Hynes
Jun 16, 2017 1:38 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Can you send me the OwnerRez property id and the Airbnb iCal link? I'll have a look.

Air has a bad habit of including rules like arrival days or days in advance in their calendar feeds as blocked off time.

Serge K
Sep 7, 2022 7:24 AM
Joined Jan, 2021 5 posts

I’m having the exact same issue:

I sync my calendar from OwnerRez to Airbnb and from Airbnb to OwnerRez.

I get a cancellation from BDC for October 2022 and my OwnerRez calendar is updated appropriately.  My Airbnb still has the booking.  

If I block a date in OwnerRez, it will not update in Airbnb.

I am now using an OwnerRez to a Google Calendar and it’s having the same issue.  No updates unless initiated.

Seeking help!

Rex C
Sep 8, 2022 6:00 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2021 47 posts

I get a cancellation from BDC for October 2022 and my OwnerRez calendar is updated appropriately.  My Airbnb still has the booking.  

If I block a date in OwnerRez, it will not update in Airbnb.

by Serge K – Sep 7, 2022 11:24 AM (UTC)

This should update within 1-2 hours of the booking falling off of your OwnerRez calendar, and even sooner if an Airbnb guest puts those dates into the Availability Checker.

I am now using an OwnerRez to a Google Calendar and it’s having the same issue.  No updates unless initiated.

Seeking help!

by Serge K – Sep 7, 2022 11:24 AM (UTC)

This is a known issue with Google Calendar, they are notorious for not updating iCal feeds automatically.