Experience the difference of "Elite".

Cleaning Date

Glenn Moore
May 27, 2017 11:05 AM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

Is there any easy way to add a cleaning date to the dates section of a reservation and have it show up on the calendar? I cannot always get cleaning scheduled on the departure date for a guest and this is now becoming a bigger issue for me to keep track of cleaning. I love OwnerRez and have been using it for years, but I fear that I am going to have to look for another solution soon that tracks reservations *and* cleaning dates associated with the reservations as I am spending too much time with manual calendars and then ensuring that my cleaning blocks are in place.

Chris Hynes
May 27, 2017 1:11 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

What are you looking for exactly? A way to add a cleaning date that shows on the calendar but doesn't block off the days? Between reservations or during?

Glenn Moore
May 27, 2017 6:19 PM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

It would be nice if we could input and track cleaning dates easily. To me the most important dates for a reservation are the arrival date, the departure date, and the cleaning date. Often the departure and cleaning date are the same, but occasionally my cleaners cannot schedule due to long weekends, volume, etc. Hence they may not be able to clean for one or two days after a reservation. I can certainly create blocks to ensure that my properties are not rented before cleaning can come in, but it is hard to track the cleaning dates in the system. Yes I can create a custom field (and I have done that) but it would be so much easier if it was a standard and important date like arrivals and departures. Also I rely on the calendar and the ics output a lot to ensure all is aligned. If the cleaning could show up on the calendar (not as a blocked day, but just information) and could be output in an ics file with a start and finish time defined, then it would be immensely helpful to ensure that I do not book a subsequent booking before cleaning can be done.

Glenn

Chris Hynes
May 30, 2017 2:26 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

OK, that's some good info to have -- particularly the idea on outputting into the iCal export.

We are starting the planning on this, so I'll keep you posted as we get into development.

SPSA
Dec 12, 2021 3:27 PM
Joined Feb, 2020 20 posts

Agreed. We are still waiting for the ability to simply see the cleaning date. No need to block. Simply a color shade would work...that has no ramifications. We just need a "Marker" of some sort.

Ken T
Dec 14, 2021 10:15 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1474 posts

This is a very old thread, and a lot has changed since it was last updated... Most importantly, we've decided not to add any more cleaning tracking features to OwnerRez. This is because we now partner with several other systems that do an excellent job of this:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/housekeeping-service-connections-overview

So it doesn't make sense for us to duplicate their work.