Experience the difference of "Elite".

A way to add number of adults/children in the rental agreement?

BlueMtnCabins
May 15, 2017 7:59 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

It would be great if I could use OR renter agreement, but i noticed that the only option to fill in the number of adults and children is to have it default to what is on the initial inquiry - which is often incorrect(traveler may select default 2 people or omit children on various sites).
Is there a way to add fields to renter agreement so that renter is forced to enter/update them before hitting "accept"?
Otherwise I have to continue to use signnow for renter agreements where I can have them initial every page and fill in adults and kids.

Michelle J
May 15, 2017 9:26 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi BlueMtnCabins,

Good morning! Couple thoughts on this...

The renter agreement fields are actually based on the BOOKING field codes (or adult/child or whatever else) and not the quote or inquiry.

After a booking is created, the legal agreement is stamped with the field values that are current for the booking at the time the legal agreement is made.

If you were to send the guest another copy of the legal agreement to signed later on (even if they already signed on), it would attempt to render the agreement body with the current field values. So you could update the booking and re-send the legal agreement link for them to sign again.

Does that make sense, or confused?? :-)

Now in terms of the quote acceptance workflow... Yes, whatever adult/child value is set on the quote at the time the guest goes to book, that will pass along to the booking and the legal agreement will show that. So if the quote adult/child counts are wrong, the initial legal agreement will show the wrong ones. But it's on the guest to see that and know they are committing to (and signing) a legal agreement that show a certain number of guests. If they're lying about the numbers, or made a mistake, they should see that. You could always highlight this at the top of the renter agreement so they see in bold the numbers they are committing to.

You could also include header information on the pages BEFORE they get to the legal agreement telling them to make sure they are correct and contact you to change the quote (or go back to the Book Now widget and use right numbers) before getting to the legal agreement. If you edit the form headers, you can embed booking field codes there.

BlueMtnCabins
May 15, 2017 9:29 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Thanks Michelle for a prompt reply. Where/how do i edit form header to warn renter to populate number of people vorrectly? Thanks!

Michelle J
May 15, 2017 9:40 AM

Go Settings > Form Messages > create. Then select page (of the quote acceptance) you want to work on. It will pre-fill the editor with the normal/default system message. From there, edit it and insert a message with the field codes you want to draw their attention to. Use bold/colors etc, to make them stand out. See here:

Michelle J
May 15, 2017 9:44 AM

Oh, very sorry... I just noticed that the field code list for Form Messages does not include booking field codes, only account and property level ones. We do actually have booking field codes for Form Messages working in **development**, but that was never released. So you would not (currently) be able to show the guest the adult/child numbers yet. You could, however, at least draw their attention to the fact that they need to check them. Like "MAKE SURE ADULT/CHILD COUNTS ARE RIGHT" which are available in the renter agreement. We will have that updated live in the near future so that booking field codes are inserted in Form Messages.