Experience the difference of "Elite".

Settings/seasons help

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 16, 2017 9:44 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Hi, this year I noticed that someone took a week before Easter Sunday with check out on Sat Apr 15. Therefore no one else would book Easter weekend. How do I set up to require to take Sun (or thereafter) check out for next year's Easter? For instance, they can book Thu-Sun, Fri-Mon, they can book all week with Sun check out, but not something that checks out on Sat preceding Easter Sunday? I am trying to avoid same issue next year when Easter is Apr 1st.
I tried to set up custom "Holiday" but that does not seem to have effect on limiting when check in/check out can be, only number of nights in mandated. Thanks in advance!

Chris Hynes
Apr 16, 2017 9:41 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Right now you can only set one departure day per season. There is a default arrival/departure day setting in the property rules, and then each season also has an arrival/departure day setting that can override the property default.

If you were to create a "Easter" specific dates season from 26 March 2018 to 1 April 2018, you could set departure date of Sunday for that season. Then any booking that is part of that season will require to depart on a Sunday.

That gets you most of the way there, but it'd still reject bookings for that Fri-Mon (as the departure of Sunday wouldn't be fulfilled). However, you could handle that with a second season with minimum number of nights. So:

"Easter (Sunday departure)" season from 26 March 2018 to 28 March 2018 with a departure date of Sunday. That will require anybody arriving Mon-Wed and require them to check out Sunday.

"Easter (4 day min)" season from 29 March 2018 to 30 March 2018 with a 4 day minimum number of nights. That will require anybody arriving Thu or Fri to stay at least 4 nights, pushing them through until Sun or Mon.

There is one little hole there, in that anybody arriving Mon-Wed is required to check out Sunday (not the next Monday or afterward), but in that case you could override the rules and create the quote anyway.

It's a bit complex, but should work -- and definitely use the rate tester to make sure it does what you expect.

Will that work for you?

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 17, 2017 9:30 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Thank you i will try that