Experience the difference of "Elite".

Is there any way to make a certain date unavailable for check in?

BlueMtnCabins
Mar 14, 2017 6:57 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Never had this happen before, but got an inquiry from people who want to check in on Dec 25th (Christmas day). We do not allow Christmas Day and Christmas Eve check ins because housekeeper will not work on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. If I allow check in on the 25th, it would mean that prior guests MUST check out on 23rd or place will not be cleaned in time for the 25th check-in. That wastes valuable high-demand high priced days.

Is there any way to set up seasons/rates to allow check in on the 23rd or 26th, but not on the 24th and 25th? While still keeping 5 night min etc? I .e so that they can check in on 21st, 22nd, 23rd and check out on 26th or later?

I have same scenario with Thanksgiving, just until this year never had anyone who wanted to check in on a day of a holiday itself.
TIA

BlueMtnCabins
Mar 20, 2017 12:05 PM

?

Michelle J
Mar 20, 2017 5:40 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi BlueMtnCabins,

Very sorry for the long delay in responding on this! Missed it until today. Thanks for the nudge.

There isn't a way, at the moment, to handle to that type of situation. We'd need to add a property rule disallowing check-in on specific dates (or days of the year) or perhaps holidays. That's not something that we currently support.

If the housekeepers were willing to work those days, it might actually be a good thing because then you'd have two groups you could bill for holiday rates! But it's understandable that they won't.

-Michelle

BlueMtnCabins
Mar 20, 2017 5:43 PM

Thank you. this is not a frequent scenario, but this year it did happen! Thankfully, wile group #1 was going back and forth with me, Group #2 booked Dec 23-28, so not an issue this time:)