Experience the difference of "Elite".

TripAdvisor Channel

Marina's Edge Re
Mar 2, 2017 1:08 AM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

I just noticed you offer a TripAdvisor channel integration but I can't figure out how it works. Looks cool....please advise

Michelle J
Mar 2, 2017 9:38 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Marinas Edge,

It's a limited beta feature right now which is why we haven't announced it. If you want to join, we can try to get you in.

The channel integration for TripAdvisor is for both listings and inquiries.

For listings, how your properties are configured in OwnerRez (description, photos, amenities, availability, rates, etc) will determine how your TripAdvisor listings look. No need to ever update the TripAdvisor side. TripAdvisor will "pull" that information from our system several times per day and always keep your listings up to date.

For inquiries, TripAdivsor "pushes" us inquiries that you get in real time. No more sending emails and worrying about parsing or future changes to the format. If you have this channel integration established, it just works. The inquiry gets pushed directly into our system.

While this is obviously a great feature to have (HUGE time saver), there is a restriction to joining... You have be a "PM" in TripAdvisor's system. To get that status, contact pmsales@tripadvisor.com and ask to be converted to PM. It might take a few days (or weeks) before they respond. Just hang in there and keep calling and emailing. Once you get in PM mode, you want to tell them "I use OwnerRez as my software" and give them the channel feeds that we show in that Settings > Channels > TripAdvisor page. They'll use that to make the integration work.

BlueMtnCabins
Mar 2, 2017 10:18 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Is this for Tripadvisor subscription listings or pay per book? Sounds like subscription for PM?

Michelle J
Mar 2, 2017 11:33 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi BlueMtnCabins,

That's a really great question! I believe that all TripAdivsor PM accounts are subscription based but I'm not 100% sure on that. The big thing is getting PM turned on to begin with. They have changed requirements over the years but they tend to only do it if you have 5 properties or more. We are hoping that they open this up to more and more owners, not just the big guys, because it's such a great feature to be able to use.

-Michelle

Marina's Edge Re
Mar 3, 2017 12:03 AM
Joined Oct, 2012 206 posts

I just emailed them...stay tuned. This is a killer feature that I want to incorporate

Chris Hynes
Mar 23, 2017 9:39 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

If you're setting up a channel and sending the instructions over to TA/FK, we fixed the instructions just this morning for a couple of issues in the channel mapping.

Make sure to grab the instructions to send to them again -- you want the one with the {0} in the property url's.

Barb
Nov 7, 2017 9:58 AM
Joined Jul, 2017 13 posts

Hi Marinas Edge & BlueMtnCabins,
I am wondering how this worked for you via TA? I have more than 5 listings so would be eligible for this channel management option but am on PPB with TA. Are you as well & were you able to convert to PM? Any pros/cons to converting to PM?
Thanks,
Barb