Experience the difference of "Elite".

Stand alone inquire/quote widget link

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 24, 2017 12:55 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Right now book/inquiry widget is embeddable - has to be embedded as piece of code/as html widget in a website. is there an option to provide inquiry/quote link to run the widget without need to embed in a website? Such as, where can be added as email hyperlink and similar, and open in a new https window when clicked? thanks

Chris Hynes
Jan 24, 2017 6:40 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

What are you looking to do with the new widget style? Is this purely to avoid having a separate site, or is there a different flow you're looking for?

We do have a "hosted sites" feature that we're rolling out that includes the information you enter in listing data in your OwnerRez account, and then provides that hosted inquiry/quote as well.

BlueMtnCabins
Jan 24, 2017 7:52 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Thank you, I do not need one more site - already have 2. No, it is so I can have a link that can open from a mailchimp email, for example, when a person clicks on a "click to book" button. right now all I can do is to link that to my website, but the person still has to locate inquiry/quote widget on the webpage, and then plug in their dates. If link opened into inquiry form, they would not have to click around the page and could do inquiry right there and then.

Chris Hynes
Jan 24, 2017 9:50 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Ahh. Is it possible to make a hidden page on one of your current sites? That's what I've done in the past for my cabins, for something like that where I want a special landing page for a email newsletter.

What I'm suggesting is to create a special page for that on the site, only accessible by URL not the menu, like http://www.smoky-mountains-cabin.com/bookfromnewsletter or some such. Then put the widget there, front and center. You can also put a paragraph tying it back to whatever you said in the newsletter, so people feel comfortable from both ends.

Would that work?