Experience the difference of "Elite".

3rd Party Alerts

jfulciniti
Jan 17, 2017 10:18 AM
Joined Oct, 2016 29 posts

I know this may be counter productive but is there a way to turn off "automatic" third party alerts so I can send these manually?

I try to give my cleaning staff 1 - 2 weeks notice of incoming guests vs at the time of booking so they are "current" with my guest list.

Thx for any input,

Jim

Michelle J
Jan 17, 2017 10:27 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jan, 2011 582 posts

Hi Jim,

Yes, you can turn them off. To do that, go the property > Third Party Alerts tab and remove or "stop" the contact that you don't won't to get alerted.

Then, you can set up a trigger email to go out [x] days before arrival and create an email template to send that has the To name/email address as your 3rd party alert.

This will automatically send it on the day you want instead of at the time of booking.

jfulciniti
Jan 17, 2017 10:32 AM

Thanks Michelle.

Assuming I set up 7 days in advance of arrival, if a booking occurs inside of 7 days, will it still send automatically?

Michelle J
Jan 17, 2017 10:59 AM

That's a great question. The answer is no. At the moment, the trigger won't run if the "send date is past" when it calculates. That's something we know about and are planning to fix. The trigger will have an option to run now if send date is past.

Michelle J
Jan 17, 2017 11:06 AM

And FYI - to get around this problem there are several things you can do...

1) Send another follow-up trigger the day of arrival to your 3rd parties. Something like "Arrival day summary"

2) Use our Calendar Export feature to share custom iCal links with them

3) Use our Availability calendar widgets on your web site to show them the real-time calendar

But again, we are working to fix the trigger problem so that triggers recognize when the day has passed and send it anyway. We are also overhauling 3rd Party Alerts to run as triggers so that you can set criteria such as "if booking is [x] days from now".

jfulciniti
Jan 17, 2017 11:13 AM

Thanks again. I think my easy way out is to send the alert upon booking to myself then manually forward it to my cleaning people.

Looking forward to the updates!

All the best,

Jim