Experience the difference of "Elite".

Blocked off time now being charged?

Ella
Dec 31, 2016 11:16 AM
Joined May, 2014 139 posts

By coincidence, I noticed today that pricing structure has changed on OwnerRez and that users who pay per-use will now be also charged for block of time? I do not remember receiving an email notifying us of this?
That's terrible news for me if true.
Ella

Sam Westcott
Dec 31, 2016 11:36 AM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

Hi Ella,

Good morning. We've talked about a coming pricing overhaul for a long long time - probably about 18 months - both with specific users directly and with warnings around the app that talk about premium prices and coming changes. We started and stopped the pricing change several times over the past year as we considered what was fair and how the market is changing (many users booking primarily through listing sites now, etc).

At any rate, we are DEFINITELY NOT changing pricing on everyone without an announcement or warning. That's not how we do things!

What you are seeing on the public pricing page is for new users (those who are signing up right now). If you look on your account billing page, inside the app, you'll notice that your plan still refers to legacy usage pricing.

We do plan on making an announcement shortly. Look for that in the coming month from Paul or Chris. We are asking all users to switch to per-property pricing (what you see on the pricing page) as it is a much more fair pricing structure for how our product is used, given how bookings now originate on other sites and a variety of other factors. I won't go into that in detail here - Paul or Chris will talk about that in their update. We will continue to offer Usage pricing for grandfathered users who still want to use that, but that is changing as well. I don't want to step on the toes of what Paul and Chris have laid out on this so I'll leave it at that for now.

~Sam

Ella
Dec 31, 2016 11:46 AM

Hi Sam,
Thank you for replying. Makes me feel a little bit better to know I have some time to figure things out.
Also, I will be deleting 1 or 2 properties soon as I will no longer take bookings for it(nothing to do with ownerrez). On one of the forum posts it states that to delete a property you have to delete all Associated bookings, but this cannot be done if payments have been processed, so not sure how? Will I have to reach out to you / the support as to which property I want to delete?
This will happen in the next few days.
Ella

Sam Westcott
Dec 31, 2016 11:48 AM

Just realized we might be talking past each other here. I was assuming you saw the public pricing page here and were wondering about this:

https://www.ownerrez.com/pricing

But in re-reading what you said, you may have seen the updated Billing page under the My Account area and click the "what rate do I pay" link which takes you to a Usage Pricing support article.

That Usage Pricing support article is actually not correct for legacy users (such as you). Legacy pricing is staying as it is until the announcement which means blocked-off time and imported bookings are still free. But that's just for the time being.

Sam Westcott
Dec 31, 2016 11:50 AM

Don't delete the property - you'll lose all that data! Just set the property to Disabled which make it stop appearing in most places throughout the app. If you don't care about the data and really truly want the property completely purged, you'd have to reach out to support for that. But the per-property pricing will be based on enabled/active properties, so disabling is the way you want to go.

Ella
Dec 31, 2016 11:56 AM

Sam Westcott said:

But in re-reading what you said, you may have seen the updated Billing page under the My Account area and click the "what rate do I pay" link which takes you to a Usage Pricing support article.

That Usage Pricing support article is actually not correct for legacy users (such as you). Legacy pricing is staying as it is until the announcement which means blocked-off time and imported bookings are still free. But that's just for the time being.

Yes, that's what I was saying. Thank you very much!

Ella
Edited to delete unnecessary info :)