Experience the difference of "Elite".

templated emails no longer work for imported bookings?

BlueMtnCabins
Nov 3, 2016 9:52 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

It seems I can no longer send an email from imported booking; Just before this upgrade I could "import" booking from VRBO or AirBnB , it was imported as "pending" or some such, but it had person's name and phone and cryptic email addr. but I could manually trigger templated emails to that person (after updating person's email to a real one). Now I just imported a new VRBO booking yesterday, the only option it has is to send a "free form" email (no template ones are showing in the drop down, and drop down box itself (where you select which custom template to use) shows sort of misshapen and shows no selections in it.

Chris Hynes
Nov 3, 2016 10:01 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

What's the booking number you're seeing this issue on? If it's a blocked off time, and not an actual booking, that could explain the issue. You can't use booking email templates for blocked off time because they have different sets of fields.

It looks like one of your calendar exports (VRBO for Appalachian Escape Cabin) is set to not create bookings (Create Booking If Possible: No), so it's creating a blocked off time instead.

Convert the block to a booking using the Convert To Booking button and then you'll be able to email.

BlueMtnCabins
Nov 3, 2016 10:06 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Oh got it, must be that! yes I am seeing "blocked time" not an "imported booking". I did not realize I had diff. setting for Appalachian Escape vs other one. I will change setting, delete block and reimport it. Imported bookings are free correct? thanks

Chris Hynes
Nov 3, 2016 10:17 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep!

Sam Westcott
Nov 3, 2016 11:22 AM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

We just released a small patch to make this clearer. If it's a Blocked-Off Time and not a booking, and there are no custom templates created, it will now show a small message instead of just showing an empty box.