Experience the difference of "Elite".

Min night stay per Season

Paul G
Oct 3, 2016 11:55 AM
Joined Sep, 2016 27 posts

Going to try setting this up again from scratch.

I created a season, 2/18/17 thru 2/27/17, with a min night stay of 5 nights.

When I do rate testing, the system is allowing me to book less than the mininimum 5 nights during that season. I don't understand.

Here is a screencast: https://youtu.be/TrOvDvjhgIU

Thanks.

Sam Westcott
Oct 3, 2016 12:43 PM
OR Team Member Joined Dec, 2009 240 posts

@Paul: We're looking into this to see if we can reproduce this. I'll be in touch shortly. Btw, we have a brand new pro-rate option that should fix your other rate issue fro ma few weeks ago. We did a bunch of work on that the last couple weeks to provide HOW pro-rate works. That particular update is in testing right now, but we should be pushing it out in a day or two. ~Sam

Paul G
Oct 3, 2016 12:51 PM

Sam Westcott said:

@Paul: We're looking into this to see if we can reproduce this. I'll be in touch shortly. Btw, we have a brand new pro-rate option that should fix your other rate issue fro ma few weeks ago. We did a bunch of work on that the last couple weeks to provide HOW pro-rate works. That particular update is in testing right now, but we should be pushing it out in a day or two. ~Sam

Thanks. Ill stay tuned. ))

P.S. you need to to a complete reset on my account to help resolve the glitch above....that's ok with me.

Paul G
Oct 5, 2016 6:36 PM

Still nothing aye? I'd sure like to implement this on my website. Again, would it help to flash my account start fresh?

Chris Hynes
Oct 5, 2016 7:31 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I see exactly what's going on here... we have separate settings for minimum nights and minimum holiday nights. Since you have blank in holiday nights, and President's day is that weekend, it's picking up the holiday blank and overriding the normal minimum.

All logical and stuff from a computers point of view, but it doesn't make much sense in the real world.

I've got a fix going in with our new prorate engine to make the min holiday nights be same or greater than minimum nights overall rather than overriding it. That'll solve this issue.

In the meantime, you could either turn off holidays or set the holiday min nights value the same as the min nights value and you'll get the validation you need here.

Paul G
Oct 5, 2016 7:44 PM

Chris Hynes said:

I see exactly what's going on here... we have separate settings for minimum nights and minimum holiday nights. Since you have blank in holiday nights, and President's day is that weekend, it's picking up the holiday blank and overriding the normal minimum.

All logical and stuff from a computers point of view, but it doesn't make much sense in the real world.

I've got a fix going in with our new prorate engine to make the min holiday nights be same or greater than minimum nights overall rather than overriding it. That'll solve this issue.

In the meantime, you could either turn off holidays or set the holiday min nights value the same as the min nights value and you'll get the validation you need here.

That seemed to do the trick for now, thank you. Looking forward to a fix. :)

Chris Hynes said:

haha...funny that response was posted under my name. ;)

That seemed to do the trick, thank you.

And to be clear, the only way I saw to "turn off" holidays was to "unsbuscribe" from them.

Cheers

Chris Hynes
Oct 5, 2016 7:50 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, I had responded from your account after I was testing the holiday settings :-o. Fixed it now so I don't sully your good name ;-).

Yes, "unsubscribe" is what I meant. As long as you don't have any holiday surcharges, and it looks like you don't, then the holidays don't affect your rates.

Paul G
Oct 5, 2016 8:08 PM

Chris Hynes said:

sully your good name ;-)

May have to borrow that. :)